Guy@BMT Stellenbosch

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Alec England said:

Hey Nick, No only on Bikehub.

Thanks for confirming. I think we found the offending account. You probably received an email yesterday to warn you. A bit late but thank you for reporting it to help others.

• 2 weeks later...

This person calls himself “Christo van der Walt”. He is seemingly situated in Carnarvon (Northern Cape) and he sells a USWE hydration pack. He then request payment via e-Wallet and once done, he tells you he will send via Postnet. The biggest bunch of BS!! He uses the number 083 492 2675 and also make mention of a friend called Andre Joubert (063 468 6386). I also attach the ID photos he might send you to make it more “legit”. Please send him to a warm place if he contacts you, he is a piece of rubbish!!

Edited by Matt
ID photos removed

More than likely he found the image of Mr vd Walt and is using that as proof.

As mentioned if you want to know who they really are ask for something odd, like todays newspaper or a spoon in their mouth. Personally i think asking them to put two pencils up their nose and ask them to be a pencil case is cool.

11 hours ago, Scorpion44 said:

This person calls himself “Christo van der Walt”. He is seemingly situated in Carnarvon (Northern Cape) and he sells a USWE hydration pack. He then request payment via e-Wallet and once done, he tells you he will send via Postnet. The biggest bunch of BS!! He uses the number 083 492 2675 and also make mention of a friend called Andre Joubert (063 468 6386). I also attach the ID photos he might send you to make it more “legit”. Please send him to a warm place if he contacts you, he is a piece of rubbish!!

Carnavon is the 1st hint - very, very, very small place.  Highly unlikely home for a cyclist with a hydration pack. 

1 hour ago, Underachiever said:

Carnavon is the 1st hint - very, very, very small place.  Highly unlikely home for a cyclist with a hydration pack. 

correction - place that requires a have hydration pack.  no riding in December without one, trust me, unless you want to take the lottery of filling up from a water crib where the sheep drink from.

45 minutes ago, Schnavel said:

Thanks for sharing OP.

For me, as soon as there is a request for e-wallet or similar, I immediately request the use of Bikehub Pay

agreed, if i hear ewallat then i default to scammer.  why dont you want money to be tracible..

2 minutes ago, Barry said:

He also runs a few to good to be true ads.FB_IMG_16644357480403524.jpg.77e3cd997fa95c867dcb7633547fda8b.jpg

Well.... it is an "ARGENT" sale. Look, I know spelling is not everybody's forte, but really, I would expect a legit seller to be able to at least spell his own last name. If that is not enough of a red flag for anyone, nothing will be

Screenshot_20220929-093543-1.jpg.c357aee5ad2052c6e8459966b9d8d9d8.jpg

13 minutes ago, Craai said:

Well.... it is an "ARGENT" sale. Look, I know spelling is not everybody's forte, but really, I would expect a legit seller to be able to at least spell his own last name. If that is not enough of a red flag for anyone, nothing will be