Pyga thief caught after hot pursuit! 19/09/2015

Joe Massapuss

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Legend, well done. I once chased after a thief in my bare feet (in Pietermaritzburg in the 1990s) and also ended up with massive blisters covering my soles. That oke got away, though.

The lax way they take the guy into custody is ridiculous - doesn't even have his hand cable tied - if the guy decided to make a run for it, those cops stand no chance of catching him.

Good luck with getting a conviction - glad your buddy got his bike back.

Sorry chaps but the muppet scenario took place when you both left an expensive bike visible, unattended and unlocked in the back of a bakkie. But I'm glad you got the bike back and caught the thief. Let's hope something happens and he isn't just released.

Sorry chaps but the muppet scenario took place when you both left an expensive bike visible, unattended and unlocked in the back of a bakkie. But I'm glad you got the bike back and caught the thief. Let's hope something happens and he isn't just released.

Yes, it is the fault of victims of theft when their property is taken.

Yes, it is the fault of victims of theft when their property is taken.

Read my statement correctly. No blame made at the OP. More pointing out their naiveté.

The OP even mentioned it as a potential problem - which it was. Fact it is, it would've been avoided if the bike was locked or taken inside. But then all the heroics wouldn't have taken place and we wouldn't have this wonderful story... Personally I'd rather not have had the incident then have to write a story about an incident.

Relax. Have your coffee. Have a good Monday.

Glad you got the bike back.

Would be interesting to see if there are any surveillance camera's covering the bakkie, and if they show the thief s approach to the bike. Was he just walking past, did he walk across the road and just hang around hoping to get a quick snatch and grab, was he walking up and down all the time or was he there and watching from the outset.

friends feet just have a tiny blister on it, nothing a sponge bob printed plaster can't sort out chop chop. ........His smirk oboist shows him as faking his injury just so that the blonde medic can see to him.

glad this ended ok,having your new bike stolen before your first ride,would be terrible.

As mentioned was this just a random guy walking past, who saw an opportunity,or was this guy watching before this occurred,and has done this before.

Haha, good old JP. Come to Paarl so that I can buy you a beer and laugh at the insanity of this story. Here at least the cops would have chipped in with laying down the law.