Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

After reading through this thread daily and browsing the facebook complaints, I can only come to the conclusion that majority are clearly not getting what Discovery are trying to do.

Yes, we all know their heart rate zones are ridiculous but they've made it like that on purpose. They don't want you to do a 5 hour cycle/run or whatever and hit your target in one go. So by them lowering those zones, this is precisely what will happen. They want you to exercise multiple times a week.

As far as I'm concerned, if you exercise regularly, you will hit your target regardless of what zones your heart rate is. If you only exercise once, you will have problems. Guys that are moaning about the comrades and the iron man only getting them 300 points, does it really make a difference? If you're fit enough to do one of those events, you are definitely fit and exercise all the time. So you will still score your points. Why keep on moaning?

Those first 3 months were just a piss-take. Most people maxed out their fitness points because it was an absolute joke. They were always going to change those targets.

The only thing that I have a major issue with is Strava. For a cyclist, Strava is everything and them removing it was offside. I get the reasons but still. Thankfully there is tapiriik but still its not ideal. I have sympathy for those cheesed off because of Strava but the changing of the fitness points was always gonna happen.

Problem is you taper for those massive events to perform well, so you need the event to give you some mega points

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did a ride today and got the 300 I expected, so happy days.

The wife's Apple Watch though never works out the points correctly, only ever 100 points :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did a ride today and got the 300 I expected, so happy days.

The wife's Apple Watch though never works out the points correctly, only ever 100 points :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What exercise was it? My wife's doesn't record hr properly with squash and bootcamp.

120.1km, over 5hrs in the saddle, suffer score > 150..

300 Vitality points! :cursing:

That's 24km/h, not exactly the pace that would attract high intensity.

Edit: duplicate post

I joined the slower group on our club ride yesterday, and got to enjoy a ride with some club members I wouldn't normally ride with.

Ave HR was 126bpm (71% of DiscoMAX), 86km in 3:08 ride time all in the small blade. Ended off with a grande cup of cino.

An enjoyable morning and worth 300 points. And I get to do it all again tomorrow which means target met again.

Edited by geraldm24

Just had a 3 hour ride in welvanpas. Average of 4bpm lower than "vigorous" but do I care? Not one zot. I had an awesome ride with a lekker bunch of people. Took it really slow and had a few lazy stops and trailside mishaps (2 punctures for one person) but all in all a grand day.

So my 300 points for the ride is imo a sideshow. Means I'll only NEED to do one session in gym for min 30 minutes. If I do another ride, I'll be well above the required points

Fast One today - 600 points.

Wonder how long till we see requests for adverse weather protocol to be invoked. Too cold or wet to exercise, please don't penalize.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just realised I'll be fasting next month so will probably end up paying a full installment. On the plus side, at least my target will drop again.

Fast One today - 600 points.

Wonder how long till we see requests for adverse weather protocol to be invoked. Too cold or wet to exercise, please don't penalize.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It Was an awesome race [emoji1303] , Got 1500

This current week is going to be the first time in months that I miss my goal... Away on holiday till tomorrow, then travel for business from Tuesday morning till Saturday so throws my training totally off track... No cycling for 2 weeks, gonna go crazy

This current week is going to be the first time in months that I miss my goal... Away on holiday till tomorrow, then travel for business from Tuesday morning till Saturday so throws my training totally off track... No cycling for 2 weeks, gonna go crazy

Pity you cant drop off your garmin with me for 2 weeks...i could repay you for the coffee [emoji6] i wondered why you didnt join us yesterday and today for the club rides.