Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Moving things along to a more positive vibe, I read through some random past pages of this thread the other day, and was struck by how lucky we are to have Myles here, our in-house Discovery go-to man, and a fountain of knowledge, who gives of himself selflessly.

I think this kind of service needs to be acknowledged. So Myles, thank you for the wellspring.

Pleasure, mate. 

I'm racking up my miles to buy this:

https://www.lecreuset.co.za/products/cast-iron/casseroles/signature-buffet-casserole

in 32cm. The miles multiplier is really helping!

I have a thing with my insure tracker, its stopped working, I emailed disco, this was three months ago, I now get full points for my driving, so I am getting 600 rand back a month which is 50% of my fuel spend. I dont feel bad as for once, disco taking their time is costing them money. 

This happened before as well, took 7 months to fix. Now just for this to happen for my vitality points...

So I managed to pull off 2x 30 min sessions in the short time I was home to get my goal. Now I can continue to enjoy the bigger cash back benefits for a while longer...

213 pages later and I've just chosen to read this thread.

Where've I been?

Anybody got a brief synopsis - looks like there's something here to investigate as a Vitality member.  

213 pages later and I've just chosen to read this thread.

Where've I been?

Anybody got a brief synopsis - looks like there's something here to investigate as a Vitality member.  

Welcome,

Get to gold as quick as possible, activate vitality and download the vitality app, ensure you link a suitable device (preferably garmin as seems to work best) and always wear a HRM when logging activities (maximize vitality points)

Activate gym booster (if you gym), depending where you food shop, get PnP or Woolies healthy food payback connected.

If you buy sports gear not necessarily cycling, get the sportsmans warehouse vitalty card (will get 25% back). Get the Dischem vitality card, use it for health products and to buy your cycling suppliments (25% rewarded back to the card), so every few months you can shop for free using the accumulated points.

If you have the Discovery credit card, register for Discovery miles, know which partners give you multiplier miles and use the card there (preferably use the card like a debit card and pay it off every month).

In January next year consider joining Team Vitality (to maximise benefits) as they will pay your CSA licence and you can register for cash back at certain cycling races listed by Discovery. As am sure you already have a CSA licence for the year. If not then join.

Scrutinise the Discovery webpage as it tells you how to get to gold, also under vitality how to link, how to get the cards and how to activate everything to ensure you get the maximum benefits.

For the most benefits you have to buy into the vitality ethos and work the system.

Finally if you play the vitality game and reach the weekly activity goals, decide what smoothie you like the best ;)

Edited by shaper

Any one interested in joinning my vitality team pop me a PM with your email address. I've been making my points since day one every week and there are a few on my team currently who are costing me an extra coffee each week.

Had a Polar Loop lying around the house ... abandoned by family members who started all eager but slowly lost interest .... have been wearing it for a week or 2 and uploading to Vitality. Now I get 100 points for the odd day here and there that I do no real 'exercise/training'  :thumbup:

Had a Polar Loop lying around the house ... abandoned by family members who started all eager but slowly lost interest .... have been wearing it for a week or 2 and uploading to Vitality. Now I get 100 points for the odd day here and there that I do no real 'exercise/training' :thumbup:

Easy peasy ????????

I sense some undercurrents here. Guys, please take it elsewhere - preferable offline. Thanks

Reg so Agteros ????????

Was supposed to go for a ride yesterday, but traffic was *** and i was rapidly running out of light. Decided to go to gym instead. But by the time I had changed it was too late to fit in a workout and then cook dinner, and I realised that I had left my garmin on my bike. On my back seat.

So all I got was the 100 points for a swipe. Meh

Edited by Myles Mayhew

Was supposed to go for a ride yesterday, but traffic was ***. Decided to go to gym instead. But by the time I had changed it was too late to fit in a workout and then cook dinner, and I realised that I had left my garmin on my bike. On my back seat.

So all I got was the 100 points for a swipe. Meh

'This is how that casserole dish becomes a Myles multiplier...'

© The Helpful Diet, 2016