Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

My Fitbit packed up and was exchanged under warranty. The new one is now not accepted as a HR monitor by vitality. Yesterday's hard 12km hike at Suikerbosrand netted me 100 points. The day before a easy 2 hour cycle n pretty much recovery mode gave me 600 points. The upcoming 5 day Fishriver hike will get me 500 points I guess. What with the drive the day before and the day after I wont hit my target for that week. Unless I cough for a new Garmn tracker I suppose.

So it goes.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My Fitbit packed up and was exchanged under warranty. The new one is now not accepted as a HR monitor by vitality. Yesterday's hard 12km hike at Suikerbosrand netted me 100 points. The day before a easy 2 hour cycle n pretty much recovery mode gave me 600 points. The upcoming 5 day Fishriver hike will get me 500 points I guess. What with the drive the day before and the day after I wont hit my target for that week. Unless I cough for a new Garmn tracker I suppose.

So it goes.

But Fitbit is a supported device? 

EDIT: For step tracking, not heart rate...sorry 

Edited by jcza

That's the main reason HIIT has come along, a la Tabata. Max 15 minutes, and it's results are verifiable and it's such a short session. I've only done a few of them, but they're actually damn awesome. And have superior results on fitness than the Solid state exercise does (when looking at capacity, that is)

I have no doubt for my cycling the shorter harder sets are much more beneficial. But if I was on a weight loss programme I wouldn't do that. But then I also have no ambitions to do the Epic. 4-5 hours hard and I start to lose interest.

Even after having a pretty crap headcold and not really been on the bike in four weeks, I still only managed 152bpm average (2 less than 80%) on a 43km Van Gaalen afkak session. This is pointless (see I made a pun, I'm not bitter)

You are too young for Disco's formula. Should make you feel better!

This should be preached to Discovery and the other champs around here.............

That's the thing I'm still confused about and which noone there side is able or willing to answer re the desired reaction from the average person. They did a top down implementation and forgot about the size of most bottoms. What meeting are you having? Edited by Thor Buttox

So it goes.

Assuming you can upload your steps before the following Tuesday.

Enjoy the FishRiver hike... It's almost a year since I was there

Not very fit at the moment but buried myself in a spinning session. Averaged 86% of DiscoMAX for 32 minutes.

Yip. Switched off early to maintain the average. 300 points of my 500 target done

Edited by 'Kaze Pete

That's the thing I'm still confused about and which noone there side is able or willing to answer re the desired reaction from the average person. They did a top down implementation and forgot about the size of most bottoms. What meeting are you having?

Agree  :thumbup:

No meeting from my side....the cycling legend of the Gauteng World Champs made an assumption.......

Agree :thumbup:

No meeting from my side....the cycling legend of the Gauteng World Champs made an assumption.......

Shame....just can't help yourself your tedious little man.

I sense some undercurrents here. Guys, please take it elsewhere - preferable offline. Thanks

Apologies. He's on ignore now, same as his perma-banned mate posting on his account.

The runners and soccer players here by me have a simple theory when they go for a jog.......if they can still chat to one another without being too much out of breath......then they are doing fine....regardless of heart rate.......and generally you will see that if you download their data after a session like that....they all perform within their acceptable aerobic threshold.......we have not even touched on V02max....... :whistling:

but yet when I run I can barely breath let alone talk, but yet my heart rate still averaged below 80%....

Moving things along to a more positive vibe, I read through some random past pages of this thread the other day, and was struck by how lucky we are to have Myles here, our in-house Discovery go-to man, and a fountain of knowledge, who gives of himself selflessly.

I think this kind of service needs to be acknowledged. So Myles, thank you for the wellspring.

I think some guys on the thread just need to go to Vida in the morning and order a lekker Latte, then pop over to Kauai for a Vitamin See smoothy and relax. All paid for by discovery, while riding your bike of choice.

Then go to PnP and buy some lekker healthy foods, get a cool 25% back. Pop in to clicks for some "Vitamins" and klap another 25% off. Then drive home, saving 50% of fuel with BP, then get home and do some online shopping with your discovery miles you have been racking up on takealot.

Then book your plane trip and accommodation to the Jock cycle tour and get 40% discount and then also the car hire at 40% less. You can even Uber to a pub and have a few cold brewskies, watch the stormers play some boetjie ruggas and Uber home a little worse for ware and discovery will cover 40% of the trip. 

Then just sit back and chill on the hub :D

*of course always checking the time on your iWatch paid for by discovery

#blessed

Edited by Pure Savage

Ja, not sure what this all this is about, but wearing a HRM on here and working each other up to 300 pts is cheating.

Hahaha! sharp that.