Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

#eksemaarnet

I know. Trying not to agree with you, but it's futile. Truth be told I could have done something at home while dinner was in the oven. But wine

I know. Trying not to agree with you, but it's futile. Truth be told I could have done something at home while dinner was in the oven. But wine

Just pulling your leg mate, I know sometimes life gets in the way and there just isn't enough time for everything ....

Just pulling your leg mate, I know sometimes life gets in the way and there just isn't enough time for everything ....

Lol. I know. Doesn't mean it's not valid!

Oh and JC. These particular dogs bite when not fed.

Lol. I know. Doesn't mean it's not valid!

Oh and JC. These particular dogs bite when not fed.

Nothing to do with you Myles but rather aimed at the background noise in this thread......

those with a problem for every solution,

the experts that googled heart rate zones,  

them that are convinced Discovery is trying to kill us,

the Walter Mittys of this world. 

All mouth but no trousers and wondering how to make that weekly target. 

How many people here are with vitality as single members who have reached gold?

How many have more than 2 members...ie family and have reached gold this year already or are on diamond ? 

Edited by isetech

How many have more than 2 members...ie family and have reached gold this year already or are on diamond ? 

2 members plus kiddy, 103,860 points as of this morning. One fitness assessment each, and screening checks. Online questionnaires and non smokers declaration. All the rest are exercise points and healthy food dinges. 

Have maintained Diamond for 5 years now. 

Gold was even easier to do this year and I was on gold by 19 January, normally it takes me till the end of February.  It is never an issue to reach gold.  Currently on 65,000 points (and am currently selectively logging points to vitality)

Have been diamond for the last 3 years.

I know some who were gold even earlier than me!!

Edited by shaper

Had a Polar Loop lying around the house ... abandoned by family members who started all eager but slowly lost interest .... have been wearing it for a week or 2 and uploading to Vitality. Now I get 100 points for the odd day here and there that I do no real 'exercise/training'  :thumbup:

But when you train you KLAAP those points !!!!

Thanks.

I had my 2nd smoothie today and got another 2 this morning.

Soon we'll have to sign a petition for a Vida in our hood !!!

Spent the spinning class this morning looking at my HRM. I don't like it. :( 

I must say I'm quite amazed at how much weight people have attached to this points system, I was also quite annoyed when the goalposts were moved but happy that I decided not to opt for the watch. I can understand the frustration around 2 years of commitment to a novelty like that. I'm certainly not going to change the way I train or get annoyed or bitter if I do or don't get the points. Discovery must fit into my life, not the other way round. My training is based around my needs and goals.

If you're worried about your HR during a spin class, you're doing it wrong! :)

trying to do it for the 300 points versus the 100 points :( 

I must say I'm quite amazed at how much weight people have attached to this points system, I was also quite annoyed when the goalposts were moved but happy that I decided not to opt for the watch. I can understand the frustration around 2 years of commitment to a novelty like that. I'm certainly not going to change the way I train or get annoyed or bitter if I do or don't get the points. Discovery must fit into my life, not the other way round. My training is based around my needs and goals.

I agree - I didn't go out and buy gadgets (got a hand me down polar from a mate) - playing around with it today for the first time at the gym and as mentioned - I find it annoying. I don't like being plugged in - but I'm also not training - so i don't need to know numbers  - so i guess it will be a case of a nice to have if I get money into my account - but I'm not losing money either if I don't make a target.