Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

How many people here are with vitality as single members who have reached gold?

How many have more than 2 members...ie family and have reached gold this year already or are on diamond ? 

I'm 4000 points short of gold, with myself, missus and 19yo daughter. 30000 fitness points for me, all online assessments/smokers declaration for fam-damily, fitness/dietician/vitality health check for me and missus. Easy visit to optometrist for me and missus for glaucoma screening and we're there. Let's see how it goes next year when the fitness points allocations change (or not) 

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 4000 points short of gold, with myself, missus and 19yo daughter. 30000 fitness points for me, all online assessments/smokers declaration for fam-damily, fitness/dietician/vitality health check for me and missus. Easy visit to optometrist for me and missus for glaucoma screening and we're there. Let's see how it goes next year when the fitness points allocations change (or not)

Have more than 2 members , sitting on 105 000 points. Achieved 90 000 around February. Have been Diamond for many years.

off topic a bit, but anyone experiencing issues with Garmin Connect mobile app ?

I updated the app on android based phone, and now I cant log in. Tried on both phone's but still not luck. The desktop version works fine so just a bug in their software. Anyone know how to work around this ?

Myles dude, you need a medal, a SERIOUS bonus from Disco in some way and plenty characters on here to buy you multiple bells!!!! 

I've just read through this whole thread and the amount of repetitive bitching is simply astonishing! 

Tend to run lower than normal heart rate levels for my age myself, so I'll be struggling with pushing intensity when the weekly goal gets closer to the limits, but what I can say is that in all the years I've been a Disco member this is the first year they buy me 2 smoothies every week over and above the other rewards! 

If I had a HRM, I'd be fine to hit 1000 or so points a week, but I now have to consider buying a Garmin or something :P This isn't for smoothies or coffees for me, this is to get the last 25% of my gym membership back, so that does matter for me.

Your 2 most cost effective options would be either the entry level Polar FT7 for roughly R1.6K.

Or (IMO the better way to go) a Bluetooth strap. Either the Polar H7 or the Wahoo Tickr for example. These are about R1.2K and both are compatible with the free Polar Beat App which is accepted, and captures cool stats. Some days when I don't take my Fenix I just run 2 apps together, Polar Beat for Discovery and the Wahoo Fitness App for syncing to Garmin Connect and Strava.

No need to go more expensive unless you're training without your phone on you, or for longer than your phone battery lasts.

off topic a bit, but anyone experiencing issues with Garmin Connect mobile app ?

I updated the app on android based phone, and now I cant log in. Tried on both phone's but still not luck. The desktop version works fine so just a bug in their software. Anyone know how to work around this ?

Mine works fine. Mine updated but i didn't have to login again.

Mine works fine. Mine updated but i didn't have to login again.

so now the strange part, I can't log in but it is still syncing the activities. oh well...

Your 2 most cost effective options would be either the entry level Polar FT7 for roughly R1.6K.

Or (IMO the better way to go) a Bluetooth strap. Either the Polar H7 or the Wahoo Tickr for example. These are about R1.2K and both are compatible with the free Polar Beat App which is accepted, and captures cool stats. Some days when I don't take my Fenix I just run 2 apps together, Polar Beat for Discovery and the Wahoo Fitness App for syncing to Garmin Connect and Strava.

No need to go more expensive unless you're training without your phone on you, or for longer than your phone battery lasts.

Does the Polar Beat app recognise ANT+ straps? I forgot my garmin at home, but have my strap, and the phone picks up ANT signals. 

Myles dude, you need a medal, a SERIOUS bonus from Disco in some way and plenty characters on here to buy you multiple bells!!!! 

I've just read through this whole thread and the amount of repetitive bitching is simply astonishing! 

Tend to run lower than normal heart rate levels for my age myself, so I'll be struggling with pushing intensity when the weekly goal gets closer to the limits, but what I can say is that in all the years I've been a Disco member this is the first year they buy me 2 smoothies every week over and above the other rewards! 

Awww, you make me blush.

Seriously though - as long as I can help some people through, that's all I need.

Last week was the 2nd week I didn't hit my target. Got a serious case of the mehness and just was not feeling up to doing anything. 

This

How many people here are with vitality as single members who have reached gold?

How many have more than 2 members...ie family and have reached gold this year already or are on diamond ? 

Two adults; two kids - currently sitting on 114,550 (and last week's wellness points have yet to be uploaded).

Diamond for third straight year. We klap the required points (for gold threshold) prior to the end of the 1st quarter (March).

Been on vitality for 8 years and never got out of bronze because parents didn't care.

Now I'm in my own medical aid and have told my parents how to get sorted as I learned myself. They hit gold in 3 months.

Easy way (everyone in the family)

Go to dischem to do the full assesment.

Go to a biokneticist (helps boost your cash back on healthy food items at Woolies/PNP from 10%-25%)

DO online assesments

That leaves a few more points you need to pick up here and there, like fitness, dentist, stuff like that.

It's seriously seriously easy.

My parents and my brother (3 members) hit gold in March.

I hit it a few weeks later

Awww, you make me blush.

Seriously though - as long as I can help some people through, that's all I need.

Last week was the 2nd week I didn't hit my target. Got a serious case of the mehness and just was not feeling up to doing anything. 

Any idea on the free flights, my little birdie is keeping her beak shut... Not looking good.