Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

What do I do?

just need to remember what's needed to achieve the points you going for. as mentioned already, you just fell short by 10 mins, and if you knew that yesterday then I'm sure you would have rode for longer.

just study this

post-67394-0-49762900-1466149574_thumb.jpg

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Myles, my 20min power threshold test didn't get me an average that high. And I vomited after the effort. Age:40.

I've got a mate who finishes in the top 20 in all MTB races he enters and he cannot meet his Disco goals due to the stupid way Disco measure effort. Debated to death here already. Of course those who have naturally high HR data don't understand.

I think that's a bit harsh... 

It's also why i've been requesting and supporting a change to acknowledge the need for a better tiered system, so the longer you go the lower your average HR needs to be. 

At 40, you should hit avg 144 in order to get the 80% mark, and 126 for the 70% mark - are you saying that's unachievable?

How does he not meet his goals, I get 1200 each week and I get the minimum per ride, 300 for more than 90 minutes, 4 times a week.

300 is not the minimum. A 3+ hour ride under 70% will only get you 100 points. He's 21 years old. That's an ave of 139 and even with intervals during those sessions his ave is in the high 120's for the ride.

On the flip side, rode with my 70 year old dad today, he averaged 118% of his age max for 45min. I wish he was on my vitality. :-)

I think that's a bit harsh...

It's also why i've been requesting and supporting a change to acknowledge the need for a better tiered system, so the longer you go the lower your average HR needs to be.

At 40, you should hit avg 144 in order to get the 80% mark, and 126 for the 70% mark - are you saying that's unachievable?

I'm 41, my true HRmax is 155.. So even though I can reach the theoretical 80%, I cannot maintain it for long enough to get descent points

Just wear your device whilst you get busy with the Mrs, and hope you can hold on for 30 mins? :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Chirp of the day ????????

300 is not the minimum. A 3+ hour ride under 70% will only get you 100 points. He's 21 years old. That's an ave of 139 and even with intervals during those sessions his ave is in the high 120's for the ride.

Then he is not going hard enough...  :ph34r:

Just ran 43 mins @ 82% average and the only acknowledgement of any exercise for today is <10,000 steps, "Insufficient activity to earn points"

As a family we're only 3,000 point from retaining Diamond for the year, but it's the weekly Apple Watch cost that now becomes important.

What a pain in the ass....

Also up to 1000 today.

Boom and there discovery have me. I will not meet my target anymore.

Also on 1000, not too bad, can probably do up to 1200 a week, 4x300.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems my Vitality points system has gone haywire  :wacko:

Did a 96km ride yesterday which took 3h30 for which I got no points...

But I did get 100 points for walking 10 000 steps or more, which I know I didn't get close to... :unsure: