Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

I heard/read somewhere, the Fight benefit is no more.

Also heard that it is stopping soon, has been very useful for the last couple of years, even with just the vitality discount.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard/read somewhere, the Fight benefit is no more.

I can’t find the email, but I was sure it was valid as long as a booking was done before 16/07.

I can’t find the email, but I was sure it was valid as long as a booking was done before 16/07.

This sounds correct. I also recall an email stating flight booster is being discontinued somewhere in July, but once-off discounts still apply.

This sounds correct. I also recall an email stating flight booster is being discontinued somewhere in July, but once-off discounts still apply.

I think I saw that the flight booster just ending in it's current form and will re-appear in a new form with Discovery Bank.

Must be the new financial year, just got the Disco bank email this evening, took me all of 10 mins to register, take pic, upload docs and verify..... bank card now on its way to me.  

Looks like I still have to activate the bank money vitality stuff with additional info, so will do that tomorrow.... and then start hunting for what benefits available and how to work it !!

Nice Shaper.

I see the June newsletter shows the following, and the post thereafter on the Bank section of their website:

What's next for Vitality Active Rewards?

We like to keep things new and exciting. So, coming soon, you'll have access to a Vitality Active Rewards money goal where you can earn even more rewards when you bank well by spending responsibly on your Discovery Bank Card and improve your financial wellbeing. Watch this space.

Get Boosted Dynamic Discounts and do more with your money

Boost your Vitality rewards and get up to 100% cash back on your monthly gym, up to 75% off flights, and up to 75% cash back on HealthyFood. See the magic of savings every month with the Vitality Savings Account, where we'll pay all your cash back.

So activated the Vitality money which has put me on Gold status, not sure how to activate the money goal as does not show anything yet, (or goals to reach) maybe will only be able to once my new card arrives?  Currently watching the educational videos under money tools to understand more.

Seems straight forward enough (I think)

Wait, has anyone actually got a response to the costs involved, I have registered had back and forth emails but no answer on the monthly or annual cost of discovery bank.

With everything discovery does, seems very last minute.com/

Wait, has anyone actually got a response to the costs involved, I have registered had back and forth emails but no answer on the monthly or annual cost of discovery bank.

With everything discovery does, seems very last minute.com/

My letter says account fee R120 per month

Then they will change it as it suits them, probably somewhere in the fine print or wait it could be free is you jump through 10 money hoops or some other conditions.

So does the Credit card fall away then?

Will the cash back easily cover the R120?

So does the Credit card fall away then?

Will the cash back easily cover the R120?

Nope, by the looks of it you get a new credit card linked to Disco rather than FNB

Yes

Edited by shaper

So activated the Vitality money which has put me on Gold status, not sure how to activate the money goal as does not show anything yet, (or goals to reach) maybe will only be able to once my new card arrives?  Currently watching the educational videos under money tools to understand more.

Seems straight forward enough (I think)

Yeah, I also get a blank page going to the Goals link.

I really hope that they implement a browser platform some time, I really detest this app-only interface.

Edit:

Actually, just had another brainwave sprung from my previous issues. When I go into the app on Cellular Data and not WiFi, things work. I have achieved my goal (Retirement Assessment) for this month.

So maybe try that out.

Edit:

It wants me to provide proof of my savings, but I can literally not find ANY place to submit these documents...

hbnQCHx.png

Edited by bertusras

Wife just got her 5th diamond, and she said, "thanks for the continual pushing to get to 900 points a week, now I can see it was worth it". This coming from an anti-activity type of person.

Wife just got her 5th diamond, and she said, "thanks for the continual pushing to get to 900 points a week, now I can see it was worth it". This coming from an anti-activity type of person.

Near the beginning I got a few diamonds then earlier this year one that I couldn't use as it expired before I got another [emoji34]

I guess maybe I'm just unlucky but all I get is a 25/30 pointer here and there and a 40 this week 'wow'

Actually at the point where the cost of Vitality makes no sense to me vs what I get out of it. Will be cancelling it post haste