The good news thread

shova1

This is a good news thread not bitching and moaning, lets post some good news and feel good items, next month is e-filing month, time to get some money back from the tax man. :clap:

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a good news thread not bitching and moaning, lets post some good news and feel good items, next month is e-filing month, time to get some money back from the tax man. :clap:

OK, then I have some good news for you. I just had to do a massive top up payment and SARS should now be flush enough to refund you! Motherbuffer, it hurts writing that! Please buy bike stuff with your refund, it will ease my pain a bit! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Good news for me and not my future bank account but yesterday afternoon my twin boys learnt to ride their pedal bikes for the first time without any help from dad or training wheels. Its flippen awesome for a dad to watch his kid learn to ride a bike! Thats my good news.

Good news for me and not my future bank account but yesterday afternoon my twin boys learnt to ride their pedal bikes for the first time without any help from dad or training wheels. Its flippen awesome for a dad to watch his kid learn to ride a bike! Thats my good news.

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup: A mere like just doesn't cut it !

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe this was posted somewhere else, but... over the weekend Sho Madjozi won Best New International Act at the BET awards. I remember we saw her at that Global Citizens concert a while back and she really is the real deal. Its a great success story.

So we have petrol man who got a big pile of money.... Now cashier lady who is gonna get some cash..... You gonna see more and more of these popping up in the news

Yes.. I'm a cynical old fart

My eldest brother is a real slob. He dresses like he lives on the street and I cannot recall him ever brushing his hair.

One day a woman actually paid for his groceries at the Spar.

So we have petrol man who got a big pile of money.... Now cashier lady who is gonna get some cash..... You gonna see more and more of these popping up in the news

Yes.. I'm a cynical old fart

Being a Good Samaritan can be quite lucrative in SA...

post-62668-0-10134700-1562764110_thumb.png

Being a Good Samaritan can be quite lucrative in SA...

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

Kinda my point.... People will donate to a single individual like this.. But have probably never even given 1c to important organisations like gift of the givers who are the ones that are really making a difference

Flip I am overly impressed with our clinic.

At my gate 2 nurses from the clinic going around doing home visits esp for the elderly and children under the age of 5.. It includes checking vitals etc and register everyone as well as document their chronic meds and deliver is to them on a monthly basis.. Elderly also get monthly supply of vitamins.

What is great is they are also able to help my gardener and my domestic worker, this helps them loads both are over 55 and their meds will now be delivered to my house and this saves them going to the clinic and waiting all day to get helped.

And if something happened between monthly deliveries, you just phone them up and they come out..

So I am really impressed with that..

See it is a small town with many elderly people and many without means of getting to the clinic and so often the clinic is full that they don't get helped.