Yolande de Villiers sanctioned for anti-doping rule violation

News bot

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is spanking your wife hypocritical or it is okay as long as she is tied down at the time?

:clap: I guess this would require "consent"? But rather this than the monkey :ph34r: 

Is spanking your wife hypocritical or it is okay as long as she is tied down at the time?

No, it's not as long as you adhere to the rule of thumb.

No, it's not as long as you adhere to the rule of thumb.

Rule of thumb? I only know one rule of thumb.

http://strahbarysfields.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/rule-of-thumb.gif

Name a sponsor that has left the sport but wasn't already in process of leaving when a rider carrying their name got bust.

Neotel... Nolan Hoffman. 30 + people as well as an exciting academy out of a job overnight because of one mans poor decision making.

Guest Lancesball

Neotel... Nolan Hoffman. 30 + people as well as an exciting academy out of a job overnight because of one mans poor decision making.

Add 360 Life to that list.

Yip

NEDBANK pulled the plugged immediately.

Itec?

Yip

The question that cannot be answered as easily, is, how many companies have simply not entered the sport because of doping and dopers?

The question that cannot be answered as easily, is, how many companies have simply not entered the sport because of doping and dopers?

Indeed that is the consequences of doping.. Edited by Gen

where is the synergy between a Life insurance product and cycling? that sponsorship deal was likely due to someone convincing an snr exec that it was a good idea. Only sponsored 4 (?) riders. big sponsor? hmmmm

Itec?

Cycling didn;t really fit with their strategy did it. An easy out. Low investment and if it turns south just pull the plug. HArdly a major sponsor

Yip

Were already looking for a way out since the sponsorship was due to that team and nota blanket wide cycling initiative. Nedbank has pulled out of events as well and not due to doping but rather due value for money of sponsoring cycling event and teams not being part of their strategy any longer.

Hard to measure the relevance of that question. In my opinion doping is not a deterent. there are opportunities to cheat in all sports yet sponsors provide backing in all.

where is the synergy between a Life insurance product and cycling? that sponsorship deal was likely due to someone convincing an snr exec that it was a good idea. Only sponsored 4 (?) riders. big sponsor? hmmmm

Cycling didn;t really fit with their strategy did it. An easy out. Low investment and if it turns south just pull the plug. HArdly a major sponsor

Were already looking for a way out since the sponsorship was due to that team and nota blanket wide cycling initiative. Nedbank has pulled out of events as well and not due to doping but rather due value for money of sponsoring cycling event and teams not being part of their strategy any longer.

Hard to measure the relevance of that question. In my opinion doping is not a deterent. there are opportunities to cheat in all sports yet sponsors provide backing in all.

Our company turned down an oppertunity to back a local cycling team based on the brand risks involved. So you might have a opinion on it, but its not same opinion as those of corporate brand managers.

Our company turned down an oppertunity to back a local cycling team based on the brand risks involved. So you might have a opinion on it, but its not same opinion as those of corporate brand managers.

And your company won't be the only ones with the same concerns.

Sponsoring a cycling team has low or zero income opportunities for companies. . Then you add the risk of a cyclist doping and then the company is linked to a doper.. just not worth it.

I have never bought a bike based on what whoever rides.. or banked with a bank because they sponsor a team.. or insurance.. and so an and so on.

Hubby is always getting approached to sponsor a local team or cyclist.. he just says no.. he would rather and does donate to local schools and other outreach projects.. (PS never our kid's schools).

Edited by Gen

Race organizers have got nothing to do with testing afik, it is completely organized by the anti-doping bodies.

From my experience, that is correct. The race organiser has nothing to do with the testing, except to provide a private place for competitors to be tested. A room and a toilet facility.

Drug Free Sport arrive and will request the start list, to confirm the names they wish to test are present or not. What happens if someone is not present? I have no idea.

In the years I've been involved at a race, they have tested cyclists every year. Elite, Ladies and Vets, but not all categories in the same year.

CSA are not involved at any point on the day of testing.

Well where is the synergy between:

Vodacom and rugby

Land Rover and the stormers

UPS and Ferrari F1 team

SAP / Boeing and Ernie Els

I think the "synergy" is a nice to have, the real value lies in airtime gained for brand...and if that airtime is negative well then they pull their sponsorship.

Well where is the synergy between:

Vodacom and rugby

Land Rover and the stormers

UPS and Ferrari F1 team

SAP / Boeing and Ernie Els

I think the "synergy" is a nice to have, the real value lies in airtime gained for brand...and if that airtime is negative well then they pull their sponsorship.

Ernie has a SAP and Boeing endorsement. . Who knew. Edited by Gen