Dopers suck

fandacious

So, what's the best course of action here for Max? Just keeping quiet, the bikehub mob hates you already and nothing you'll say will change that or come clean (pun intended), tell your story and say you're sorry (whatever that may be worth).

Personally I'd have a bit more empathy in the latter scenario.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, what's the best course of action here for Max? Just keeping quiet, the bikehub mob hates you already and nothing you'll say will change that or come clean (pun intended), tell your story and say you're sorry (whatever that may be worth).

Well, an apology from a serial liar does not hold much water.

If he was to lay bare, how it was done, who arranged access to the EPO, etc etc. It would be a start. This secret handshake society is not on. 

So, what's the best course of action here for Max?

If he was truly sorry he'd phone every medal winner he cheated and make an arrangement to meet them, apologise and hand them the cash he'd stolen from them.

He'd also set up a few amateur teams to allow for the unknown number of riders he prevented from making it into teams.

That's how you make up for cheating not taking a break and disappearing from the scenes.

I hope his sponsors had doping clauses and are able to recoup the cash they spent on this phoney.

I remember BS coming here on the hub trying to explain his side of the story (and to be fair for what he was caught was more a case of sloppiness than cheating, not commenting on the stuff he did that he got away with so maybe karma?). Anyway, basically zero sympathy from hubbers and got properly flamed.

I prefer the DG method, admit your guilt & shut up / keep of social media for the length of your ban then come back quietly when your ban is over

The trouble with most doppers is that, once caught, they simply refuse to show a healthy dose of embarrassment and remorse for their rule breaking behaviour.

It is human to err.

It is also human to show pain at making an error.

The best a dopper can do is to apologise and then make amends by 'carrying water' for the cycling community. Serve fruit at the water point, mentor the young ones, in an authentic way of course, etc.

Opening a bicycle shop is another ironic way to profit from the sport.

If you love the sport, do not cheat, Cupcake.

The trouble with most doppers is that, once caught, they simply refuse to show a healthy dose of embarrassment and remorse for their rule breaking behaviour.

It is human to err.

It is also human to show pain at making an error.

The best a dopper can do is to apologise and then make amends by 'carrying water' for the cycling community. Serve fruit at the water point, mentor the young ones, in an authentic way of course, etc.

Opening a bicycle shop is another ironic way to profit from the sport.

If you love the sport, do not cheat, Cupcake.

I like this guy!

Edit: It's a good idea - much the same as community work for crime. You do the crime you have to do your time. Spending every Saturday and Sunday for a year being a water pointer or route shower will give dopers time to reflect on their actions.

Over here they have "weekend jail" for less serious crimes. You work Mon-Fri like normal then report to jail on Fri night and are let out on Mon morning again. Awesome idea!

Edited by Eldron

I like this guy!

Edit: It's a good idea - much the same as community work for crime. You do the crime you have to do your time. Spending every Saturday and Sunday for a year being a water pointer or route shower will give dopers time to reflect on their actions.

Over here they have "weekend jail" for less serious crimes. You work Mon-Fri like normal then report to jail on Fri night and are let out on Mon morning again. Awesome idea!

Week-end Jail. That is a serious deterrent. But then again.. I could do with some "alone time" 

Willie Smit agrees  :eek:

I'd have to say that that one caught me off guard as well.

I like the guy but after that comment I'm a little concerned...

Sometimes one really does just get the feeling all these okes get together for a braai on a Sunday evening in Sabie and laugh at all us fans who are trying to believe this sport can be clean...

Link me please - I have no idea what the man said....

I remember BS coming here on the hub trying to explain his side of the story (and to be fair for what he was caught was more a case of sloppiness than cheating, not commenting on the stuff he did that he got away with so maybe karma?). Anyway, basically zero sympathy from hubbers and got properly flamed.

I prefer the DG method, admit your guilt & shut up / keep of social media for the length of your ban then come back quietly when your ban is over

Look, that was just dumb. Trying to defend yourself on an anonymous public keyboard warrior internet forum. And you thought that was going to end well?

I'm not saying he did or didn't deserve it, but c'mon, what did you expect was going to happen?

I'd follow the LA strategy, go on a talk show - perhaps Felicia Mabuza or 3 Talk with Noeleen.... perhaps even Francois van Coke's new talk show on kyknet? Anyway, tell the story, talk about how it hurts letting down the people that you love, cry a little and make sure you strike a deal to get a cut of the show's advertising income. Sounds like a win win to me.