Dopers suck

fandacious

Worse, confidence is an amazing thing. Winning probably would have had a massive impact on training and future performance if clean and winning.

Still think these tools should be charged with fraud - no difference between this and stealing from your business.

Agreed, the definition of sport changes when it becomes someones livelihood.

There's obviously a couple of different definitions, but fundamentally fraud is defined as "wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain". That's pretty much the definition of doping too.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have always said, only way to stop doping is to allow retroactive testing of samples, and to make it a criminal offence to be caught.

That way you can dodge a test today, but not in the future once a test is developed or improved, and a criminal record effects you for the rest of your life. They should even get jail time for extreme cases.

And then any money recovered must go towards anti-doping efforts.

According to the article above the ban is back dated to  16th June 2015. Does that mean he can race again next year June?

No

www.drugfreesport.org.za/.../SAIDS-v-Max-Knox.pdf

9. SANCTION

<snip>

The athlete is sanctioned to a period of ineligibility of 4 years, which is to commence from the date of the hearing being the 05th April 2018 to 04th April 2022 and the results between 16th June 2015 to 05th April 2018, are to be declared null and void and disqualified. The athlete is required to return all medals and prizes won during this period.

Edited by GaryvdM

Lots of interesting details in the hearing report. Here is one that is inconsequential, but funny:

The athlete was questioned as to acquaintances he may have made through the cycling field, being former team mates that may have faced anti-doping rule violations. From the list of people the athlete my be acquainted with, four people have tested positive for either testosterone or EPO.

The athlete denied knowing a one Mr Brandon Stewart who had been in violation of an anti-doping rule violation(sic), however it was shown and confirmed by SAIDS that the athlete had in fact listed this person as a next of kin in a medical form provided to Mediclinic when the athlete was admitted in hospital.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by GaryvdM

I have emailed Racetec to remove Max Knox's 3:48 at the Cycle Tour in 2013. 

Hit him where it hurts.

does it not start 2015??

" In terms of the ruling, he will be stripped of all his titles from June 16, 2015"

Hit him where it hurts.

does it not start 2015??

" In terms of the ruling, he will be stripped of all his titles from June 16, 2015"

He was making a joke - 3:48 for Argust is a *** time for a rider of his level.

Edited by GaryvdM

Hit him where it hurts.

While you are busy working your way into heaven don't you want to check for the rest of the dopes too? :clap:

does it not start 2015??

I guess this means we can upgrade him from the tilte of "Suspected doper" to "Former Doper"