Dopers suck

fandacious

I find it hard to believe that Max said he didn't know Brandon Stewart ?

They raced in the same teams.

Reminds me of a quote I saw with the whole Kavanaugh supreme judge saga

"Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too"

What a pointless lie to tell in a hearing  :blink:

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks i see now the number sequence changed for some reason hence i couldnt find it, went from 6.4.17 to 6.6.17

Might've been a typo by Gary. The uploaded doc is a scanned hardcopy.

Good to have these things in the open, clears up a lot of speculation on both sides and helps provide objective insight.

*at least for those who take the time to read it at least.

Edited by danger dassie

Reading the pdf posted by dangerdassie brings back memories of a top KZN racer with whom I am good friends and raced with on a number of occasions. This racer told me that BE and MK and multiple others were micro-dosing EPO...the rumours eh, the rumours.

Heh - Max was chowing down on thyroid hormones to lose weight, and claimed it was his right to do so to aid weight loss, as these drugs were not on the banned list. Tertroxin...nasty side effects, but hey, makes you lean, brah.

Might've been a typo by Gary. The uploaded doc is a scanned hardcopy.

Good to have these things in the open, clears up a lot of speculation on both sides and helps provide objective insight.

*at least for those who take the time to read it at least.

That is a very interesting read..

MK was most likely microdosing and thought he wouldn't get caught..he did, because there weren't morons evaluating his bloodpassport.

They sometimes take a while to get the science right to be able to test for certain methods of doping..but they eventually do..hopefully this is the beginning of the end of microdosing..

Edited by Gen

It is pathetic that people try and dilute blatant cheating as an “error in judgment”

Error in judgement my arse..it was a conscious decision to cheat..not just once but over a period of a few years..

At any given time during that period he could've owned up to it..he could've have come clean..he chose not to, he gave interviews after his great performance and asked about former team mates doping chose to lie ..he made the choice to lie during his hearing about knowing BS he made the choice to plead not guilty when he was charged.

He could still make the choice and say..this is how I did it...these are the people involved.

Actions have consequences!!

Edited by Gen

English 101, module 4, chapter 2:

Class, the euphemism term for today is “make mistakes”. In the doping world, this is most often used only when said doper has been caught after years of denial and friends and family don’t want to say “f-ing cheat”

Since I read this post a few days ago, I’ve been trying to understand his position and trying to see it from his perspective, but I can’t. I think this reaction is one reason why there is a doping problem. There’s no accountability among peers. Look at the guys commenting on that post. They should be outraged. Not standing behind MK, saying it’s a ok, you made a mistake. It’s fellow “pros” backing him, saying everyone makes mistakes?

How can you call yourself a friend if you beat him on numerous occasions, knowing you cheated? Surely this then suggests that people in his inner cycling circle knew?

How is this an example for the younger riders?

Who is this Declan dude?

He is quite a prominent rider on the MTB scene, a new up and coming youngster.

While I understand the point he is trying to make, and Max etc. will still be his friend, I have lost all respect for him. Cheating is cheating, not an error of judgement...

Max must own up to the fact that he is a cheater and face the consequences... There is too much doping in cycling and no matter how hard the authorities are trying to get rid of it, these clowns find new ways to stay ahead.

Ask someone who doesn't follow cycling at all what their opinion is of top cyclists. The majority of the time, you will be met with the response; "they are all taking drugs". People like Max and his friends don't help the general public's view...

*Edit: Spelling

Edited by Schnavel