Dopers suck

fandacious

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The positive came out two days ago, so no.

The athlete (and hence probably the coach to) would have know long ago.

Possible scenarios:

• The coach didn't know about the doping, and decided to distance himself when he found out about it.
  • The coach knew about the doping, and decided to distance himself when he knew a positive test result was on it's way.
Edited by GaryvdM

Shortly after being tested then...

I'm not saying anything other than detailing the timing. The test was on 3 March.

Cycling South Africa reports that Carmen Buchacher has been found guilty of an anti-doping rule violation of Article 2.1 and Article 2.2 of the SAIDS Anti-Doping Rules after an out-of-competition test conducted on 3 March 2018 confirmed the presence of ESAs, including Recombinant EPOs and Analogues.

Out of competition?! SAIDS can't even test the Top 10 in competition or top 3 in Age Categories but they have time & money to test out of competition.

So who gave SAIDS the Tip Off?

Edited by milky4130

Out of competition?! SAIDS can't even test the Top 10 in competition or top 3 in Age Categories but they have time & money to test out of competition.

So he gave SAIDS the Tip Off?

Maybe the coach suspected something?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Said coach is a good friend of mine. I know for a fact that him and this athlete had parted ways at the beginning of March.

thanks for clearing that up - like I said - its hardly likely that his trajectory as a coach would be risked on any one athlete - regardless of their potential

still cant get my head around the risk/ reward trade-off going on here, I am sort of hoping that its a horrible mix up - but then all of these cases seem to have that element to them

all said - I am glad the system is working - if for nothing else that those who are honest might be feeling that it is worthwhile  

thanks for clearing that up - like I said - its hardly likely that his trajectory as a coach would be risked on any one athlete - regardless of their potential

still cant get my head around the risk/ reward trade-off going on here, I am sort of hoping that its a horrible mix up - but then all of these cases seem to have that element to them

all said - I am glad the system is working - if for nothing else that those who are honest might be feeling that it is worthwhile  

A  mix up like, I asked for Evening Primrose Oil. I did think it was a little strange that instead of rubbing 3 drops on my neck I was shooting 15ml into my forearm. 

EPO does not just "find its way" into your everyday life. Its rather expensive, people wouldnt throw it around willy nilly. The masking agent is even more expensive.. hence why OOC test would pop her. 

Maybe her partner whatsapp'ed the tester when she was getting dropped in every training ride.

The athlete (and hence probably the coach to) would have know long ago.

Possible scenarios:

• The coach didn't know about the doping, and decided to distance himself when he found out about it.
  • The coach knew about the doping, and decided to distance himself when he knew a positive test result was on it's way.

From what I know, they hadn't been getting on for a while. The athletes get tested frequently, if he split with an athlete every time they got tested, he wouldn't have any clients.

I remember reading this post and thinking how awesome it is when these riders succeed. Strong race results, new sponsors, doors opening up....... Doping is SO uncool

Final stage of Wines2Whales1f3c1.png What an incredible event. My personal strongest w2w yet 1f4aa.png. Although and unfortunately we did not quite close the gap of 5 seconds I appreciate Michelle's fighting spirit. 1f3c5.png4th place overall!!!

Specialized Bicycles Velocity Sports Lab Hout Bay Velocity Sports Lab HiltonComplete Cyclist PowerBar Stages Power SA

23130880_1498091896940069_89367552361014
23172924_1498091913606734_89430405459367
23172594_1498091920273400_41675644522158

Rourke Croeser now Carmen Buchacher. I always had a bad feeling about her. If i have saids number i can point them to the next one

Whats the link?

Maybe the coach suspected something?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Just a general question - Why do we always say the coach & partner would have / should have known?

Surely it can be possible to dope without them knowing?

Especially if its done in a way that your increase in performance is incremental over a time period and not sudden.

Rourke Croeser now Carmen Buchacher. I always had a bad feeling about her. If i have saids number i can point them to the next one

Maybe Bikehub should run a dopers fantasy league, sounds like you would win. 

Wonder what the prize would be...