Post your woodwork here

Slowbee

Not sure if it has been covered. Need a table saw. Problem is budget, so looking more at cheaper ones as per pic or something similar. Reviews not so great on the Makita. Any recommendations welcome

All those bench top table saws are the same., although I think the Dewalt might be the better of the lot. With some effort you can have a decent saw that will be good for the majority of diy jobs.

It all depends on what you want to do with it. The odd job now and again doesn’t justify spending more on it.

I’d personally look for a decent 2nd hand cabinet style saw in the classifieds if you’re on a budget and are looking at something for more than just pallet and plywood furniture.

The functionality of a table saw goes beyond just rip cuts. With sleds and jigs you don’t need a mitre saw so it does make sense to buy the best saw you can afford or even stretch your budget.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On that note, Does anyone have plans for a computer stand that can be used while on the IDT made from pallets? I have access to pallets for free (yay me) and need to do something a bit better than the ironing board I currently use to put the laptop on while Zwifting. (Seriously, an old ironing board, sawed it in half so its not so long and moved the latch thingy underneath a bit so its the right height. perfect, but a bit too wobbly for my liking)

i find it more time consuming stripping pallets than they are worth...there is a company in Westmead which sells the pallet wood stripped for a small fee.

Nest time you are visiting someone in hospital...those trolleys on wheels they have for the beds ... are ideal ;)

i will send you a pic of something i made which folds up against the wall...it would be ideal especially if you have restricted space

Edited by eccc whippet

All those bench top table saws are the same., although I think the Dewalt might be the better of the lot. With some effort you can have a decent saw that will be good for the majority of diy jobs.

It all depends on what you want to do with it. The odd job now and again doesn’t justify spending more on it.

I’d personally look for a decent 2nd hand cabinet style saw in the classifieds if you’re on a budget and are looking at something for more than just pallet and plywood furniture.

The functionality of a table saw goes beyond just rip cuts. With sleds and jigs you don’t need a mitre saw so it does make sense to buy the best saw you can afford or even stretch your budget.

Makes a lot of sense. Haven’t browsed 2nd classifieds yet

Guys I have some tools I want to get rid of, just not using them.. 

They are in JHB south, open to offers, pics to follow this evening... 

Ryobi Table saw, one of those little jobbies, has a noisy brush but does work! 

Small surfacer, planer thickneser, this works perfectly! 

Old swan compressor, works fine, needs a regulator and safety valve but works as is. 

This saw also looks neat with cast iron top. Slightly more expensive than the Bosch

post-26136-0-00913700-1557571384_thumb.jpeg

Edited by LOOK695

Small table saws - these guys have a nice little model, I think it's Taiwanese but it seemed well made. Even has small sliding tables with good positive movement. It was in the region of R10 000 to R12 000, but don't quote me on that.

COMPANY NAME
HUSTLER A MACHINE TOOL CO.
ADDRESS
GOODWOOD
PHONE
(021)591-8121
FAX
(021)591-0896

Friend who was a demo agent for Triton has the following items for sale. Brand new, unused in the box.

Triton circular saw. R 1350.00

Biscuit attachment R 250.00

Finger jointer attachment R 250.00

Sanding sleeves for Triton spinal sander. R 25.00 Someone was after these cant remember who. Collect in Midrand. Pm me and I’ll send you his number. Quite a bit of stock available.

Hi guys,

I need to buy bunk beds. Anybody have any leads in JHB, I found bunkbedsonline.co.za but curious if there are any other.

Just basic pine, kids will paint it as a fun project for themselves.

I have tried them, no pricing on their website so I sent the quote request and I am still waiting.........

Yeah not surprised. 

Might be worth your time to pop in to Atterbury's store.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I need to buy bunk beds. Anybody have any leads in JHB, I found bunkbedsonline.co.za but curious if there are any other.

Just basic pine, kids will paint it as a fun project for themselves.

If I may, what about making them yourself? It's super easy, and will be quite a bit cheaper than buying pre-made / flat-pack stuff.