[Event] 2017 Cape Town Cycle Tour - Argus

Bianchisti

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just giving the Cycle Tour an early heads up:

Next years' one is on my birthday, so you HAVE to give me an entry (the law of DJR says so)! And while you are at it, please arrange for good weather, oh, and a great starting time........and Bar One girls everywhere!

Very much ;)

I leave the road for you fellas to fight it out.

A month before IM and bunch crashes are just not worth it.

Used to get all worked up over the weekend, now I tend to spend it running in the mountains away from the frenzy!

Was thinking the same.. I'll be attempting my first Epic a couple of weeks after the Tour and I am well aware of how stupid people get in Argus bunches.

Still wanna do it though. And I probably will.

We first need to win an entry in the lottery

Taken from the Ring of Kerry race.

“This year two entries are permitted per person to allow training buddies and friends register together. There will be a fee of €10 per person to register for the lottery, this fee is non-refundable and all proceeds will go to the cycle’s charities. If you are successful this fee will be deducted from your minimum charitable donation, which is the same as last year at €85.”

Methinks that our future looks bleak when parting with cash. Not that I want to call it, but very often we find whatever happens across the Atlantic somehow blows over here.

We first need to win an entry in the lottery

Should not be a problem. Only 28,751 finished last year form close to 40,000 entries. So probably add maybe 500 DNF and you've got 10,000 slots not taken up. On a perfect day for a ride.

I leave the road for you fellas to fight it out.

A month before IM and bunch crashes are just not worth it.

Used to get all worked up over the weekend, now I tend to spend it running in the mountains away from the frenzy!

The same for me, will be avoiding road races up to IM, else if I do do them will be far from the bunches and enjoying a training ride

Should not be a problem. Only 28,751 finished last year form close to 40,000 entries. So probably add maybe 500 DNF and you've got 10,000 slots not taken up. On a perfect day for a ride.

Thing the main thing is, if someone wants to ride, it will happen come March, no need to panic. :P

The same for me, will be avoiding road races up to IM, else if I do do them will be far from the bunches and enjoying a training ride

Yeah... Sheesh. Getting to the start, fighting the throngs of crazed, frothing participants all psyched up over a sub 3 just seems time better spent lying in and hitting the trails.

I often smash out most of the route the day before anyway, post the street clean and before the mayhem.

I think the CTCT is a really cool event, don't get me wrong. But it is also an absolute dog show. 

I fully embrace you up country folk coming down to, like, totally like, shwaaa look at our oceans and, like, go up the mountain and totally, like, enjoy the sleepy cape maan... but (there is always a but) it also brings a hugely unsatisfactory feeling of contempt when I see the litter and the gu packets etc strewn all over the place.

A few years ago I kakked a youngster out because he threw his gu packet over the side of misty cliffs and not just on the road... never mind in his pocket. That was my last 'Argus'... 

• 2 weeks later...

Just over an hour to go and I can enter the 2017 Argus(CTCT). whoop whoop.

Where. Or is it again just for ppa members?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Where. Or is it again just for ppa members?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Club 21 members. Not sure about PPA.

Dear Nicholas

As a loyal supporter and having participated in 21 or more Cape Town Cycle Tours, we wish to provide you with the unique opportunity to enter and pay for your 2017 Cape Town Cycle Tour entry without having to apply first.

This is a limited offer only available to Club 21 members or participants that have completed 21 or more Cycle Tours. This offer will furthermore only be available from today, 15 August 2016 at 1pm until Monday, 5 September 2016 at 4pm. Thereafter this unique offer will expire. This offer is also not transferable.

Please click here to enter and pay for your entry.

Best wishes & safe cycling,

Cape Town Cycle Tour Team

Email us: info@cycletour.co.za

Call us: 087 820 7223

Club 21 members. Not sure about PPA.

Dear Nicholas

As a loyal supporter and having participated in 21 or more Cape Town Cycle Tours, we wish to provide you with the unique opportunity to enter and pay for your 2017 Cape Town Cycle Tour entry without having to apply first.

This is a limited offer only available to Club 21 members or participants that have completed 21 or more Cycle Tours. This offer will furthermore only be available from today, 15 August 2016 at 1pm until Monday, 5 September 2016 at 4pm. Thereafter this unique offer will expire. This offer is also not transferable.

Please click here to enter and pay for your entry.

Best wishes & safe cycling,

Cape Town Cycle Tour Team

Email us: info@cycletour.co.za

Call us: 087 820 7223

you have been cycling for a very long time Nicholas :thumbup: