[Event] 2017 Cape Town Cycle Tour - Argus

Bianchisti

Simple. Get there EARLY. Get loaded into your chute first. Stay in the front row until the start gun even if you have to use elbows and shoulder shoves. That is where the strong and serious will be. By the top of Wynberg Hill you'll know who is strong and willing to work. Join them.  (Oh, and make sure you go to the loo BEFORE you line up, or you'll lose your spot.) 

or depending on how strong you really are, get to your chute late, play around at the back, wait for the big guns of the group behind you to catch up. You will have warmed up nicely, had a relaxed start (and time for the loo). Then sucked wheel of the "fast" guys from the group behind.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

or depending on how strong you really are, get to your chute late, play around at the back, what for the big guns of the group behind you to catch up. You will have warmed up nicely, had a relaxed start (and time for the loo). Then sucked wheel of the "fast" guys from the group behind.

I've never done that, not  intentionally anyway  :blush:   :D

Let us know what your other 1/2's would have to say!

My other half broke her radius at the 99er. She is F$%&ED OFF that she can't ride on Sunday. Cast comes off on Monday.

My other half broke her radius at the 99er. She is F$%&ED OFF that she can't ride on Sunday. Cast comes off on Monday.

Eina, not nice. 

. Ouch!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After 3 wind free days the south easter has returned.

Is this a 5 day wind or the 10 day wind we've had since September after 1 still day.

Hopefully the 3 wind free days have changed the pattern for how long the wind will blow this time.

I've never done that, not  intentionally anyway  :blush:   :D

I do this every argus.

Except that it is usually the fast guys from the group after the group that left after the other group that was the group at the back. And normally because if I dont do the wheel suck, I will miss the cut off.

I have tried really really hard to come last in my group every time we start, it seems almost impossible. The closest I have come is second last in my start group. And that was a nice 7 hr trip. The bloke who came last was still half an hour behind me.

I do this every argus.

Except that it is usually the fast guys from the group after the group that left after the other group that was the group at the back. And normally because if I dont do the wheel suck, I will miss the cut off.

I have tried really really hard to come last in my group every time we start, it seems almost impossible. The closest I have come is second last in my start group. And that was a nice 7 hr trip. The bloke who came last was still half an hour behind me.

Talk about setting goals for yourself!

How the heck did you become a moderator of an online "cycling community"???

After 3 wind free days the south easter has returned.

Is this a 5 day wind or the 10 day wind we've had since September after 1 still day.

Hopefully the 3 wind free days have changed the pattern for how long the wind will blow this time.

You sure? I live in the Strand, where the South Easter is born, and just come from a beach run. There is a stiff South Wester blowing in off the sea. Great for the kite surfers. No South Easter. My worry is that by the week end it's turned South East.

It's a mental thing, Nibali

Especially in Cape Town

A real determinant in the impact on performance

Especially if training has been limited ????

I wish the wind blows. I need more excuses. Riding nobblies wont be good enough

Talk about setting goals for yourself!

How the heck did you become a moderator of an online "cycling community"???

Because he represents the quintessential spirit of the weekend warrior

Loaded with vodka in his bidon

And a generous heart

Also known as

Munga Warrior ????

Friends and family out in force supporting the riders way back in about 2011 halfway up Suikerbossie at our braai spot.  What a jol it was. I used to pack the trailer and go park it on Saturday night with all the provisions.

Unashamedly I used to wear an Epic finishers shirt just to show I could ride a bike.

post-35786-0-94775500-1488820912_thumb.jpg

post-35786-0-94274500-1488820906_thumb.jpg

post-35786-0-98574000-1488820908_thumb.jpg

post-35786-0-46680200-1488820910_thumb.jpg

post-35786-0-72743000-1488820911_thumb.jpg

Because he represents the quintessential spirit of the weekend warrior

Loaded with vodka in his bidon

And a generous heart

Also known as

Munga Warrior

Agree!

You sure? I live in the Strand, where the South Easter is born, and just come from a beach run. There is a stiff South Wester blowing in off the sea. Great for the kite surfers. No South Easter. My worry is that by the week end it's turned South East.

Why is SE worse than SW?

It's a mental thing, Nibali

Especially in Cape Town

A real determinant in the impact on performance

Especially if training has been limited

True dat 'Dale. 

Suppose if the training has been limited, you need every bit of encouragement.