[Event] 2017 Cape Town Cycle Tour - Argus

Bianchisti

carbon, your family going to be having snacks up suikerbossie again? may need some "re-refreshments".

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be my first cycle tour, any advice/tips/warnings ? 

there are going to be quite a few others also doing their first tour just go out and enjoy yourself the scenery is awesome and watch the riders infront of you it could save you from taking a tumble always be alert guys do some weired things on the day 

there are going to be quite a few others also doing their first tour just go out and enjoy yourself the scenery is awesome and watch the riders infront of you it could save you from taking a tumble always be alert guys do some weired things on the day 

HAGAR !!!!

How are you ? You guys riding ?

Up Suikerbossie there are 'Angels' who give any struggler a push up the hill. In return the "angel' will ask for sweets. I suggest you give the young boy some sweets. If you don't he will swipe (steal) them from your pocket and run back downhill like hell. Off course it is a big laugh, but ... you have been warned. Happened to me on my very first Argus and I am still laughing about it. Also, on the same Suikerbossie, chances are you will come across some 'well lubricated' folk having a braai on the side of the road. Be nice and have a sip. It will get you up and over with gusto. Best advise overall.... The aim of the exercise is to enjoy the day. We never know if we will have the same privilege again next year. Good luck. Bring your sense of humour along. you will need it.

what !! so he believes some wannabe oke, but not the slow oke ? well that's just toilet. diver can go dive in a toilet. :eek: :clap:

wanna be slow? Nah, no "ride" too tuff, we "ride" at 5...plagiarised from SAN diver motto, NSFW... :w00t:  see ya all @ Suikerbossie!

Be very awake in a group from the end of the highway up to Simonstown. All kinds of surprises ito roadworks , sudden shoulders and roads suddenly narrowing.

BELT it down Misty Cliffs - it is the biggest thrill of the day.

HAGAR !!!!

How are you ? You guys riding ?

all good thanks still on two wheels  :drool:  have not gone to get my Ebike yet yes will be doing number 12 slowly hope to go under 4 hrs  :wacko:  but dont think we have done enough training 

carbon, your family going to be having snacks up suikerbossie again? may need some "re-refreshments".

They'll be there but not organised as in the past as Camp Master is riding and so are most of the adults who previously supported. And one of my girls is on the back of the tandem for the second lap.  Just ridden up Suikerbossie, boy I sometimes wish I was still watching when I hit that 2nd zebra crossing.

That nasty little kicker out of Camps bay. Been practicing standing up for that bit. Hope I can still do it after 95 odd k's

It's not all downhill after suikerbossie.

That nasty little kicker out of Camps bay. Been practicing standing up for that bit. Hope I can still do it after 95 odd k's

That thing absolutely destroyed me last year, I mistakenly believed after Suikerbossie it was a chilled ride home. . . 

Make sure you have fun! Forget about the clock. Talk to people. Cheer the spectators back! Stop for water, a banana and Bar Ones. Maybe even a massage. Help someone with a broken bike. If a semi-drunk guy near Scarborough offers you a boerie, don't decline.  Drink in the vibe. In general behave like an 8 year old would! Definitely have a beer afterwards, unless you take the 8 year old idea too far. ;)  :D  

Everybody say Hooplah !

Getting super excited even though member of the 21 club :rolleyes:

Just hope the wind plays ball :whistling:

Carbon29er --- really dig your avi

I think once you become a member you are more excited than before.