[Event] 2017 Cape Town Cycle Tour - Argus

Bianchisti

That bold bit is my total training for this year's event... :ph34r: :whistling:

That's about 60% of Spidey's training volume per week, every week of the year ????

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

(Apologies for Nardus picking his nose in the photo)

As the man said in the report, they are amateurs.....

post-64853-0-75957500-1488802014.gif

As the man said in the report, they are amateurs.....

attachicon.gifgif.gif

That's not healthy hey.  .  .  the girl at the end isn't even worth it

That bold bit is my total training for this year's event...  :ph34r:  :whistling:

Seabee I concur with you on that. I think we will stop at chappies hotel and eat a brekkie !!

Windguru reports 10-13 knot winds for sunday, from the South - it could either get better or worse than that. but there will be wind. bleedToWin has it down - Its always windy in Cape Town, just accept it and pedal harder.

My possible tactic for sunday: Try to find some okes, 4-6 of them, who won't mind to work together and just click off the km's to the finish...

No use to try and stay with a bunch if you are constantly trying to hang on in the gutter....

My possible tactic for sunday: Try to find some okes, 4-6 of them, who won't mind to work together and just click off the km's to the finish...

No use to try and stay with a bunch if you are constantly trying to hang on in the gutter....

Simple. Get there EARLY. Get loaded into your chute first. Stay in the front row until the start gun even if you have to use elbows and shoulder shoves. That is where the strong and serious will be. By the top of Wynberg Hill you'll know who is strong and willing to work. Join them.  (Oh, and make sure you go to the loo BEFORE you line up, or you'll lose your spot.) 

Edited by DJR

For the guys in durbanville/bellville, I will be going to collect numbers on Thursday and if you want me to collect yours then send me a private message. Will probably need chip and letter to be sure.

I literally don't understand why people look at weather reports. Pitch up, race as hard as you can and enjoy the beer afterwards :thumbup:

It's a mental thing, Nibali

Especially in Cape Town

A real determinant in the impact on performance

Especially if training has been limited ????

And just to add confusion, Africaweather says small chance of rain:

Hell, this would be one argus I would NOT mind rain the whole way. Such little rain in two years, it can rain all it likes on argus day

For the guys in durbanville/bellville, I will be going to collect numbers on Thursday and if you want me to collect yours then send me a private message. Will probably need chip and letter to be sure.

That is very generous. Hope there isnt hundreds that'll contact you now!

Edited by Neill71