This should be compulsory reading for all road users...

Headshot

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10. Because he and his hardebaard buddies want to ride three abreast talking about chamois cream and craft beer.

although that is uncool and not encouraged, it's not illegal.

although that is uncool and not encouraged, it's not illegal.

Au contraire mon ami!

NATIONAL ROAD TRAFFIC ACT, 1996 (ACT NO. 93 OF 1996)

Regulation 311.   Riding on pedal cycles

(2)  Persons riding pedal cycles on a public road shall ride in single file except in the course of overtaking another pedal cycle, and two or more persons riding pedal cycles shall not overtake another vehicle at the same time.

Au contraire mon ami!

The single file rule in no way prevents the cycling actions described in the picture, I put it to yous. 

The single file rule in no way prevents the cycling actions described in the picture, I put it to yous. 

Oh, definitely. But like other road users, cyclists should also obey the rules of the road ;) That's all.

However, if it's safer for me to occupy the middle of the lane, I definitely do so, I ain't holier than thou.

I think many drivers are not aware that you, as a cyclist, may take the lane in certain circumstances. You are met with impatient, intimidating behaviour. To make it worse, sometimes when they do pass, they scrape by just to make sure you get the point.

I think many drivers are not aware that you, as a cyclist, may take the lane in certain circumstances. You are met with impatient, intimidating behaviour. To make it worse, sometimes when they do pass, they scrape by just to make sure you get the point.

That irks the hell out of me. There's acres of space (jis, typing), but yet they are adamant to pass as closeby as possible. Hate it.

Edited by bertusras

• 2 weeks later...

I had this yesterday, some crazy cow in an old i10 (which isn't much wider than me on the bike :P ) was hooting like mad because, heaven forbid, I wasn't right up against the pavement.

She could easily get by me, but still made sure to get right up and almost touch me all while screaming out her passenger window at me - definite proof that women can multitask...haha

I had this yesterday, some crazy cow in an old i10 (which isn't much wider than me on the bike :P ) was hooting like mad because, heaven forbid, I wasn't right up against the pavement.

She could easily get by me, but still made sure to get right up and almost touch me all while screaming out her passenger window at me - definite proof that women can multitask...haha

Hey!! Give her a bit of slack!!

Driving an old i10 must be soul destroying, a bit of understanding here man!! ;)

Maybe she was hooting BECAUSE you were so close to the pavement..... she wanted to get into your slipstream....  :whistling: