365 for 365

I'm still in.  Me doing something every day has made my wife get more into fitness as well, so she's doing a lot more than usual which is nice for everyone. 

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still in. Me doing something every day has made my wife get more into fitness as well, so she's doing a lot more than usual which is nice for everyone.

Was also an unexpected bonus for me. I took my wife for walks when I couldn’t run or cycle and she actually started doing it in her own. Actually started losing weight as well which meant she’s even more motivated to get out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

The past few days has been testing. Woke up on Saturday for my run and instead spent the rest of the day on the toilet [emoji2363]. Settled for walks the past three days just to stay in. Hope this bug passes soon so I can get back into the swing of things.

Edited by Ronniek

I’m also still in...

The last month has been a bit of a struggle after a dog attack while on a run left me with some stitches and some residual hip muscle issues

I'm still in, despite Strava leaderboard not showing all activities (I don't only swim, bike or run)

post-38473-0-15989600-1554185425_thumb.png

• 9 months later...

Good luck guys! I won't forget my 2018 365/365 easily, but your on your own once more...

ditto... I skipped yesterday so that it was impossible to be tempted to do it again.

So what are the requirements ?  Type of sport ?  Distance ?

Or is it "simply" to be active each and every day ?

So what are the requirements ?  Type of sport ?  Distance ?

Or is it "simply" to be active each and every day ?

20 minutes each day any activity

ditto... I skipped yesterday so that it was impossible to be tempted to do it again.

LOL ???? Good plan

And good luck to all those taking up the 2020 challenge ????

I managed to do it last year, and am still going strong this year  :P

Most of my riding was on the MTB and I did 12,481km and climbed 229,302m.  I'm happiest with the climbing meters as at the beginning of the year I was only trying to reach 100,000m.  I logged 372 rides and 99 runs (there were quite a few 'double days').

It wasn't all plain sailing throughout the year though and I did have some setbacks and some situations which required creative thinking.  Some of the notable ones: I got the big snip; I got all of the bad side effects from having the yellow fever jab; I crashed twice in two consecutive days injuring my hand; I had two long air travel days (18ish hours) and I broke my road bike early in the year.    Then there's the more minor "inconveniences" like when it rains non stop for days or a child gets sick and needs to be collected from school when I had planned to go riding in the afternoon...   

But overall, it was great!  The first two weeks were difficult for me last year - I felt fatigued, hungry and tired as my body was adjusting to the extra load.  But after that it was all good .  It becomes part of your routine and starts feeling normal.   

For anyone sitting on the fence, I suggest trying it out.  You might just enjoy it, and you get to see a lot more than you might expect.

post-50271-0-10998200-1578038176_thumb.jpg

Edited by dirtypot