Anyone using Zwift?

Last question.

I am tending towards the tacx system, mainly because with the purchase of the advanced system and a google license, you can do your own routes.

Do you guys think this is worth it ? Remember, Mrs Slowbee is not wanting to look at a screen riding with others, she is wanting to simulate a road ride, while watching series.

In our chat last night, she kinda liked the idea of getting home at 8pm and getting on her bike for a ride to Stellenbosch and back, or to Kleinmond, or the atlantic seaboard etc or the 94.7 etc. She was not all the keen on Pyrenees or Alp type or those kinda routes.

I purchased the advanced system, and I never use it.

I use VirtualTraining (now Rouvy) - you can also create your own routes, your own workouts, or just use the many routes or workouts there is.

The Tacx software is once off though, versus Rouvy which is $8 per month for the cheapest option (with the more expensive option you can invite family members, if you and Mrs Slowbee want to suffer together ;) ).

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, I just saw that the ability to import your own gpx route for the free Tacx app is coming..... since May 2016. So, one day - when we all own Neo's because it is the entry-level - you won't need to spend extra on the app/software ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got myself setup on Zwift.  Its so awesome.  Had my FTP setup way too high for my first workout (Wringer) holy balls I almost vomited. Fixed that FTP now.

They have an ftp test you can do in the workouts section.  Did mine last night. Big improvement from 8 weeks ago

Thanks yeah will keep doing that once a month. Luckily just did a ftp on the wattbike a couple weeks ago so could put that info in.  Will do the zwift one this weekend or next once i get the hang of my new trainer setup. Love that I can use the trainer to micro adjust my indexing on my bike too.  Been struggling with that. Previously had to use a combination of broom sticks and clothing racks for that.

With all this hype around Zwift (and yes I am using it and loving it!) ...why can a really simple thing like average speed not be be displayed on the screen. That just blows my mind! 

With all this hype around Zwift (and yes I am using it and loving it!) ...why can a really simple thing like average speed not be be displayed on the screen. That just blows my mind!

I'm surprised there isn't a customisable HUD. Almost like putting an edge unit in the top corner. Or even on your phone on the zwift app.

GUI customizing is a bit lacking. More data fields and the ability to select the ones you want would be great.

Also the ability to sync multiple sensors. I.E. if I want to use my garmin cadence sensor for accurate cadence - not the trainer sensing. but the trainer for power etc.

Love the VR world riding and racing... makes training much more enjoyable

Apologies if this' already been covered in here...

Got my trainer and I'm ready to Zwift.. but have only been able to use my iPhone so far as my Macbook keeps crashing by the time the app gets to this screen .. it starts stuttering ans then it reboots

post-6012-0-48293700-1506424583_thumb.jpg

Using my phone isn't the worst, but the there's the obvious screen size that's not great and then I can't access my phone while running the app.

Any suggestions what I can to sort my Macbook out?

Apologies if this' already been covered in here...

Got my trainer and I'm ready to Zwift.. but have only been able to use my iPhone so far as my Macbook keeps crashing by the time the app gets to this screen .. it starts stuttering ans then it reboots

attachicon.gifpaireddeviceskickr1.jpg

Using my phone isn't the worst, but the there's the obvious screen size that's not great and then I can't access my phone while running the app.

Any suggestions what I can to sort my Macbook out?

Best is to mail them about it. They're really helpful from their helpdesk. I'm on PC and Android, a bit of a iTard so can't help you there at all....

The good news is that it appears Zwift will be launching an Android Beta in October, as well as more routes for Watopia. In the new year a totally new course will also be added.

Need. To. Resist. Buying. iPad. And. Be. Patient. Instead.

The good news is that it appears Zwift will be launching an Android Beta in October, as well as more routes for Watopia. In the new year a totally new course will also be added.

This is great news!

I have an iPad. Just an old iPad. Need. To. Resist. Buying. Another. iPad!

This is great news!

I have an iPad. Just an old iPad. Need. To. Resist. Buying. Another. iPad!

Well, I think this is my issue... seems all stuff is pretty much redundant now.

I went onto the support page as suggested (don't know why I didn't just try that first #facepalm!)

All info pretty much points to my Macbook being too old to support running Zwift.

My iPads are all too old too, can;t even download the app.

I too must resist this buying urge now...

Or... find a second hand iPad Air

Well, I think this is my issue... seems all stuff is pretty much redundant now.

I went onto the support page as suggested (don't know why I didn't just try that first #facepalm!)

All info pretty much points to my Macbook being too old to support running Zwift.

My iPads are all too old too, can;t even download the app.

I too must resist this buying urge now...

Or... find a second hand iPad Air

Yeah I thought that might have been an issue. I've been getting frustrated with ANT+ drops on my laptop, so I've been wanting to get a tablet to use instead. You can pick up an iPad Mini for under R2000, but it's a bit too small to be properly useful. And that's still a lot of money if it's only being used for Zwift (I don't use tablets in my day to day life at all). But I'm hoping that with Android coming along, I'd be able to use Chromecast and cast my cellphone to the TV, which would just be amazing.

Yeah I thought that might have been an issue. I've been getting frustrated with ANT+ drops on my laptop, so I've been wanting to get a tablet to use instead. You can pick up an iPad Mini for under R2000, but it's a bit too small to be properly useful. And that's still a lot of money if it's only being used for Zwift (I don't use tablets in my day to day life at all). But I'm hoping that with Android coming along, I'd be able to use Chromecast and cast my cellphone to the TV, which would just be amazing.

I've got my setup in my "cave", no tv there at this point (disgusting I know, a Man Cave without a tv) So I'll have to make do with something else.

I guess I could try using an Apple TV and get a cheaper monitor, but then I'd still using my phone which I'm trying to avoid

PS:- agree on the iPad mini point, too small.

Edited by L.T.G

I've got my setup in my "cave", no tv there at this point (disgusting I know, a Man Cave without a tv) So I'll have to make do with something else.

I guess I could try using an Apple TV and get a cheaper monitor, but then I'd still using my phone which I'm trying to avoid

PS:- agree on the iPad mini point, too small.

Careful with the Apple TV, it needs to be the latest version with Bluetooth. iPad Air or latest iPad (5?) is most likely your best bet. Probably mine as well, but I'm struggling to justify the expense at this point in time.