Anyone using Zwift?

We had a mixed bag - ZSUN-Draco had a great ride in Vienna and were lying third overall at one stage before the other zones came in, but Triton had a Technical at the start with Discord so messed up the departure.  And then the storm caused one of our riders to drop connection so we only had 5 in the end.

The Biscuits and Tea team was given a real eye-opener.  My Wife was riding with them and she was fan-viewing each rider (all of them are her athletes) so she was kakking them out for being in the wrong gears, riding too easily, or generally just being lazy!  I think they all thought they were in for a recovery ride!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We had a mixed bag - ZSUN-Draco had a great ride in Vienna and were lying third overall at one stage before the other zones came in, but Triton had a Technical at the start with Discord so messed up the departure.  And then the storm caused one of our riders to drop connection so we only had 5 in the end.

The Biscuits and Tea team was given a real eye-opener.  My Wife was riding with them and she was fan-viewing each rider (all of them are her athletes) so she was kakking them out for being in the wrong gears, riding too easily, or generally just being lazy!  I think they all thought they were in for a recovery ride!

Yeah I saw your Draco team on the live stream results were still lying high up the order at some point!

Are the Red Giants also one of your teams? I see they got 10th in Espresso?! That is a flippen excellent result!!

Yeah I saw your Draco team on the live stream results were still lying high up the order at some point!

Are the Red Giants also one of your teams? I see they got 10th in Espresso?! That is a flippen excellent result!!

We're part of ZSUN Racing and so is Red Giants - all Star and Constellation names.  Dinamic Coaching had a bunch of athletes who wanted to try TTT but didn't know how to start, so we asked ZSUN if we could race under their banner, but manage the Teams ourselves - so we have three - the Vienna/Latte team (depending on who is available), the B Latte team and then the feeder team.  

The plan is to keep the teams together as long as possible and eventually get faster as a group - when we were riding for ZSUN they kept on changing the teams so it was very disruptive.

The problem we have now after last nights race is two of our Vienna ladies are on the ZSUN radar now so they are going to get poached for the faster teams which is what we tried to avoid.

I must admit, I was a bit stale from racing after doing it for close to 25 years so was really struggling to find something to do - having tried Road, MTB, Duathlon and Triathlon.  This WTRL TTT series has been a lot of fun - I get to manage a Team, do all the data analysis, DS and still get to race on the odd occasion - I'd like to get a team to the PL eventually, but it's a work in progress.

One of Dinamic's Athletes does a huge amount of AI simulation for Foundries all over the world and he's working on a model ala Moneyball - that's going to be really interesting because it's going to hopefully predict who is strongest where, so that we know who must be riding where at specific parts of the course.

Has anyone noticed that Zwift seconds are longer than Garmin seconds ?

I often use the lap button on my Garmin to measure average power, and I notice that my garmin goes quicker than Zwift. Sometimes at the start of the race I'll press the button when the timer goes to zero, and after 5 mins on my garmin I'm only at 4:45 on zwift, wtf ?

Has anyone noticed that Zwift seconds are longer than Garmin seconds ?

I often use the lap button on my Garmin to measure average power, and I notice that my garmin goes quicker than Zwift. Sometimes at the start of the race I'll press the button when the timer goes to zero, and after 5 mins on my garmin I'm only at 4:45 on zwift, wtf ?

So that must be why my average speed is always higher on Zwift than IRL

I'm gonna test that with my Wahoo tonight! Will revert back..

So that must be why my average speed is always higher on Zwift than IRL

I'm gonna test that with my Wahoo tonight! Will revert back..

I run TrainerRoad in parallel to Zwift for workouts. Both record independently and sync. Zero difference in recorded times for me.

Does it only happen in a race? And maybe at the start depending how many people are in the pen?

I run TrainerRoad in parallel to Zwift for workouts. Both record independently and sync. Zero difference in recorded times for me.

Does it only happen in a race? And maybe at the start depending how many people are in the pen?

Yeah I only notice it in races, probably a delay between when the count down reaches 0 and when the activity timer actually starts...

ZA Road, done! Think it was quite good. But felt more like testing than training at some points. Where previous ZA's (I do the programs from menu) seemed a lot more training... and I felt like some of the previous ones had harder workouts.

This last one (WO 8) is actually quite a nice one! 

Recommended training plan on zwift?

Already done the "dirt destroyer" but looking for a plan to gain fitness an strength quickly?

Please let me know 

Recommended training plan on zwift?

Already done the "dirt destroyer" but looking for a plan to gain fitness an strength quickly?

Please let me know

The 4 week ftp booster is good imo. For some quick pain, do the cape epic workouts by Annika langvad

ZA Road, done! Think it was quite good. But felt more like testing than training at some points. Where previous ZA's (I do the programs from menu) seemed a lot more training... and I felt like some of the previous ones had harder workouts.

This last one (WO 8) is actually quite a nice one! 

I only have this one left, it actually looks terrifying. 20s sprints, yikes!!

I only have this one left, it actually looks terrifying. 20s sprints, yikes!!

How many? And what is the recovery between sprints.

One of Hunter Allen’s programs has 15s, 20s and 30s sprints (max effort) on 3 different workouts. 15 sets over 45 minutes sounds easy. That gives 2.5 minutes recovery between each one, but it feels like 1 minute recovery.

Hi guys,

I lost my marbles for a few hours back in Sept and decided to do the 160k ride on Zwift. I decided to try use my Garmin at the same time to see if everything matched up plus to get temp statistics etc... Garmin Edge 520 vs Kickr 3 (with spindown done prior to ride).

From the image - it seems like everything is the same except for the distance and ave speed... 

So which one is correct.... Any ideas?

post-83519-0-00630500-1604950199_thumb.jpg