Statement regarding cancellation of the 40th Cape Town Cycle Tour from David Bellairs

News bot

Why did they say you cant get a refund, or even a part refund or a carry over?

My mate was also there from JHB would have been his 20th Argus, sent me an email to say lots of irritated folk around, him included.

T&Cs sat no refunds. Expenses have already been paid etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another thing with protests, you showed that it pays to protest and that you get your way with your destructive ways. You are opening yourself a can of worms...

I hope this is not going to become a yearly thing.

This event has survived lots of wind, rain and heat, even fires. But two or three years of uncertainty, route changes and cancellations.

People might decide not to gamble a heap on entry fees, travel and accommodation.

T&Cs sat no refunds. Expenses have already been paid etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I imagined that, but just wanted to be sure as obviously I am far away, I think people will accept it if the only reason was the wind, no one can foresee that, but from what I read here there were other issues as well which may leave folk with a feeling of an unresolved issue. 

Hell, they can at least give us that entered for this year, first option for next year... 

I am not interested in a refund, so I have no problems with the T&C. 

What I am interested in is riding the CTCT - twice. If conditions do not allow for it in 2017 then they should make good on what I paid for in 2018. 

Well i want my money paid for second lap refunded...

It's best to ask them to give you another two laps next year.

It's best to ask them to give you another two laps next year.

Haha. At this stage there will not be a next year...

Not all participants stay 100km or less from the starting venue and travel here the the same day of the race.

My bad - I did not see you were from Bloem. Yeah it kinda sucks for you then so maybe see how far you get with the 2nd lap refund. 

If they do not carry over my entries I will be very hard pressed to fork out more cash for CTCT. There are plenty of other ride that I actually like a lot more.

Hub becoming a nanny state? The level of moderation over the past 2 years is getting ....

Imagine the Epic gets CANCELLED,..OMW ARMAGEDDON????????????????????????????????????