Fight Fans: Mayweather vs Mcgregor

Imploder

Ha, Ha, yah, the 80's made me think of Jimmy Abbot, Kallie Knoetze, Gerrie Coetzee, Korrie Sanders and there must have been a few others.

Jimmy Abbot was an enigma, he must have weighed 180kgs, very little of it pure muscle and he could barely walk never mind bob around the ring, how he survived is beyond me, but he had a strong following, boxing was big in those days.

The last thing I saw on Jimmy Abbot was he had lost 200kgs and was working as an evangelist of sorts... I suppose a google search will fill in the gaps

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The last thing I saw on Jimmy Abbot was he had lost 200kgs and was working as an evangelist of sorts... I suppose a google search will fill in the gaps

I never knew that, I know his brothers got into some trouble with the law and Jimmy fell on some hard times but I didn't know that.

To be honest I thought he was a chuckle, he was a product of the times, nothing more nothing less. 

Wow, he has lost a lot of weight,......can you imagine wearing that shirt. :eek:

Shirt? I thought it was a picture of them pitching a tent!

Wow, he has lost a lot of weight,......can you imagine wearing that shirt.  :eek:​  

He's an evangelist in Heidelberg, Gauteng. I saw him approximately 3 months ago, he hasn't really gained anything after that pic with the yellow shirt. No gastric bypass as far as I know, just put his head down and lost weight.

He's an evangelist in Heidelberg, Gauteng. I saw him approximately 3 months ago, he hasn't really gained anything after that pic with the yellow shirt. No gastric bypass as far as I know, just put his head down and lost weight.

A recent article with some numbers

http://m.news24.com/news24/You/Archive/jimmy-abbott-230-kg-lighter-20170728

Maybe not so recent, google says 2017, article says 2012

Edited by 'Kaze Pete

A recent article with some numbers

http://m.news24.com/news24/You/Archive/jimmy-abbott-230-kg-lighter-20170728

Maybe not so recent, google says 2017, article says 2012

Wow, all credit to him, to turn your life around like that is something else, not easy.