Fight Fans: Mayweather vs Mcgregor

Imploder

I hear you, the reason I never gave McGregor a chance was it's just not a discipline you learn overnight - top boxers have all this built into their systems long before they ever get in a ring. You could see Connor could just not control trying hammer punches despite knowing full well he obviously can't do it... it's built into his game/system.

I think McGregor knew this much as well. He was never going to outbox Floyd. Was the open stance not bait to lure out the ultra defensive Mayweather?

I avoided most of the farcical build up, two egos this size was always going to get ridiculous, but at the end of the day we all sat down and watched it along with millions of others because it's entertainment and it's real unlike WWF. Just like I would watch a boxing match between Putin and Trump, but for other reasons 

Hopefully this is the last we ever see of Mayweather though, never liked him, never will... still wish he's had the balls to fight Pacman at his peak.

I don't think I know enough about Mayweather to comment, but I would like to see a rematch with Pacman.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I know enough about Mayweather to comment, but I would like to see a rematch with Pacman.

Not sure we need to see Pacman beat Mayweather again.... 

Bugger the two in the middle, I would have paid good money to see the two girls get into a wrestling match.

http://i4.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article11042779.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/Floyd-Mayweather-Jr-L-of-the-US-and-Conor-McGregor-of-Ireland-pose-during-a-news-conference-in.jpg

My money will go in the chickie on the left. The blondie doesn't look tough enough.

Bugger the two in the middle, I would have paid good money to see the two girls get into a wrestling match.

http://i4.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article11042779.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/Floyd-Mayweather-Jr-L-of-the-US-and-Conor-McGregor-of-Ireland-pose-during-a-news-conference-in.jpg

Covered in Corona? Must mean they are into "watersports".

Called at the right time..McGregor was cooked, McGregor may have said he was a little fatigued..but is was finished.

People may want to see KO's but in reality no one wants to see someone get beaten to a pulp and McGregor was on his way to getting really hurt.

Well as Patches said more MMA fans will be a little more interested in boxing or at least go read up on how scoring works and rules and realise that boxing isn't just walking around and throwing a few punches. Same can be said for the boxing fans about MMA.

Could McGregor become a good boxer..perhaps, but I think he's made his money and will go back and only to the octagon.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Just another round

Mcgegor deserved to get beaten some more, if you talk the talk (and MCG shouts) you got to be prepared to do the walk... he has a hard head and would have been fine.

Every one praising McGregor for lasting 10 rounds is deluded. Mayweather was all the way in control and the only reason the fight lasted so long was to rake in more money from pay per view subscribers. It's all about the money - make peace with it, McGregor can't box

Just another round

Mcgegor deserved to get beaten some more, if you talk the talk (and MCG shouts) you got to be prepared to do the walk... he has a hard head and would have been fine.

It's a $200 mil fight, part of which was parading around the US and Europe and building hype. McGregor wasn't paid to box for 12 rounds, he was paid to be part of the biggest/most expensive fight boxing has ever seen, and that includes running your mouth at pressers and promotions across the world to get the maximum hype for this fight.

Let's be honest, McGregor Mayweather fever resurrected the sport of boxing which was, and probably now again is, pretty much dead. When last did you wake up early on a Sunday morning for a boxing match? Yes, probably two and half years ago for the disappointing Mayweather Pacquiao fight. Before that, no one remembers.

Conor McGregor's introduction to the boxing ring resurrected the sport of Boxing. Think of the millions of people who followed the pre-fight antics and the actual fight that have never watched a boxing match in their life. Most (and I include myself here) don't even know a name of a current boxer other than Mayweather and McGregor. My point is, all the big talk and hype prior to the fight worked like a charm.

Colin McGregor resurrected the sport of boxing... all under the auspices of executive producer, Floyd Mayweather.

It's a $200 mil fight, part of which was parading around the US and Europe and building hype. McGregor wasn't paid to box for 12 rounds, he was paid to be part of the biggest/most expensive fight boxing has ever seen, and that includes running your mouth at pressers and promotions across the world to get the maximum hype for this fight.

Let's be honest, McGregor Mayweather fever resurrected the sport of boxing which was, and probably now again is, pretty much dead. When last did you wake up early on a Sunday morning for a boxing match? Yes, probably two and half years ago for the disappointing Mayweather Pacquiao fight. Before that, no one remembers.

Conor McGregor's introduction to the boxing ring resurrected the sport of Boxing. Think of the millions of people who followed the pre-fight antics and the actual fight that have never watched a boxing match in their life. Most (and I include myself here) don't even know a name of a current boxer other than Mayweather and McGregor. My point is, all the big talk and hype prior to the fight worked like a charm.

Colin McGregor resurrected the sport of boxing... all under the auspices of executive producer, Floyd Mayweather.

:thumbup:

Every one praising McGregor for lasting 10 rounds is deluded. Mayweather was all the way in control and the only reason the fight lasted so long was to rake in more money from pay per view subscribers. It's all about the money - make peace with it, McGregor can't box

He will sit me on my backside. So I would say yes, he can box. Just not as well as FM.

is a...

is a...

He will sit me on my backside. So I would say yes, he can box. Just not as well as FM.

Before that, no one remembers.

Most (and I include myself here) don't even know a name of a current boxer other than Mayweather and McGregor. My point is, all the big talk and hype prior to the fight worked like a charm.

Boxing will always have its loyal supporters...the popularity of it I reckon is driven by the heavyweight division ... and once the Klitschko brothers took over that was pretty much tickets for the hype fights..they just dominated for so long it just became meh.

New fighters around now.. this Joshua is what 19-0 and 19 KO.. and only 26/27..pretty much made Wladimir see stars and realise that he is over 40yrs and needs to call it a day...a few other heavyweights coming up now to from what I have read.

Hubby and I were just chatting the other day about when we were growing up in the 80's.. damn there were some fine fighters across all weight divisions..they also seems to have fought more..but that's because Don King promoted almost all of them and had them fighting when they probably shouldn't have, and the always needed money because they always owed him money... .can you believe that bugger is still alive.

Edited by Gen

From what I saw when he was still fresh in the early rounds, his hand speed is too slow, and his reach too short to become a world class boxer.

But that is just my assessment.

I think he was too slow period, Mayweather hopped around bobbing and weaving like a humming bird, a lot of the time Mcgregor missed altogether, and hitting Mayweather on the back of the head was something else the ref let slide, and he did it constantly, Mayweather, to his credit though never appealed it.

I think Floyd went into this match far more prepared than he let on, mentally and physically, lets remember he was coming out of a two year retirement where, even if he stayed in touch he wasn't competing, but he still came in in tip top shape, his skills were undeniable, mentally he was well tuned in and even at 40, in the pro ring, he was dancing around like he never left.  

He may have issues in his private life but thats not our concern, none of us are perfect, however professionally he is beyond reproach, and he demonstrated this with an impeccable performance against McGregor.  

Boxing will always have its loyal supporters...the popularity of it I reckon is driven by the heavyweight division ... and once the Klitschko brothers took over that was pretty much tickets for the hype fights..they just dominated for so long it just became meh.

New fighters around now.. this Joshua is what 19-0 and 19 KO.. and only 26/27..pretty much made Wladimir see stars and realise that he is over 40yrs and needs to call it a day...a few other heavyweights coming up now to from what I have read.

Hubby and I were just chatting the other day about when we were growing up in the 80's.. damn there were some fine fighters across all weight divisions..they also seems to have fought more..but that's because Don King promoted almost all of them and had them fighting when they probably shouldn't have, and the always needed money because they always owed him money... .can you believe that bugger is still alive.

Ha, Ha, yah, the 80's made me think of Jimmy Abbot, Kallie Knoetze, Gerrie Coetzee, Korrie Sanders and there must have been a few others.

Jimmy Abbot was an enigma, he must have weighed 180kgs, very little of it pure muscle and he could barely walk never mind bob around the ring, how he survived is beyond me, but he had a strong following, boxing was big in those days.

Ha, Ha, yah, the 80's made me think of Jimmy Abbot, Kallie Knoetze, Gerrie Coetzee, Korrie Sanders and there must have been a few others.

Jimmy Abbot was an enigma, he must have weighed 180kgs, very little of it pure muscle and he could barely walk never mind bob around the ring, how he survived is beyond me, but he had a strong following, boxing was big in those days.

Ja.. I wonder if a lot of it has to do with the fact that we (here in SA) didn't have access/exposure to a all the other sports, we had limited coverage be it on the TV or radio, today you can pick and chose what sport you want to follow.