2017 Tour de France Fantasy League

Nick

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a feeling today is my last day in yellow. If only Demare could cycle up a hill... 

no ways, you still got a damn good team!

plus splashsticks right behind you might take yellow, but he's only got 8 guys and lots of them don't do mountains at all!

to win this weeks prize, you need the polka dot in your team.

currently Bardet has got that, but he's surely going to be following the GC battle, so it's more likely a stage hunter/climber in the break will get there.

incorrect, Barguil has got it. but he's on 60 points, roglics on 30, it's open season for whoever wants it

stage 12 - 4,2,1,HC,1 2(double points) is the biggie

http://cdn.cyclingstage.com/images/tour-de-france/2017/stage-12-profile.jpg?01

stage 13 - 1,1,1 - but this is going to be flatbox charging, as it's only 100km

http://cdn.cyclingstage.com/images/tour-de-france/2017/stage-13-profile.jpg?03

stage 13 - got 3,3 climbs

stage 14, 1,3,1,4

http://cdn.cyclingstage.com/images/tour-de-france/2017/stage-15-profile.jpg?10

Edited by rider#35

We're leaving early tomorrow morning to intercept Stage 12 around the 100km mark and then again at around 160km. No chance of getting to the finish - you'd have to be there today already!

Then tomorrow night we sleep in Saint-Girons, check out the town and the start line etc and on Friday morning go to the start to see what we can see. Hoping to catch Louis there :-)

After the start we will either drive to the finish at Foix, or intercept half way. Can't do both though :-(

Will try and post pics as and when we can . . . .

edit: wrong thread really!

Edited by Bonus

Moving on up... 550 2 days ago, now 377... just need a few of my team to pull finger and start scoring!

Still lolling around in the mid sixties - despite having the yellow jersey and today's stage winner on my team!

Sigh

Still lolling around in the mid sixties - despite having the yellow jersey and today's stage winner on my team!

Sigh

you're beating about 300 other teams with that combination

i picked G and Froome and they've served me well.

Now I've climbed back up to position 59 - considering my team has included every yellow jersey rider in the race so far, plus a multi stage winner . . . . I should be doing better!

This. And Meintjies not scoring at all.

What's with Greipel.... finishing out of the podium in sprints ist verboten

hope he comes right soon

Exact same thoughts as me.... has been costly.... at least he is now starting to make some more points for me and as currently have, yellow, green and white jersey's in my team... am hoping it stays that way all the way to Paris!

I have 3 duds in my team that have scored absolutely zero this week, and only 20 points last week between them. 

• De Gendt was my pick for the Most Combative award - a risky pick that rewards high points;
  • Nairo... I shake my head - I went with him instead of Porte;
  • Der Panzerwagen - 'nuff said ;
  • Greipel, not doing much either (a few points here and there).

Froome, Kittel and Yates carrying me to Paris, with some support from the Boxer and Kristoff. Not bad for 37th - would have been better to have Froome from the start and put De Gendt on the bench.

no ways, you still got a damn good team!

plus splashsticks right behind you might take yellow, but he's only got 8 guys and lots of them don't do mountains at all!

I'm into the yellow jersey again, but you right - we head into the mountains now so I'll drop down again. 

I also see that Fuglsang, one of my riders, broke his wrist so he will be in doubt for the rest of the tour. If he bows out that will be my 5th rider to leave the race! 

• Der Panzerwagen - 'nuff said ;

I based my whole 3-week strategy around Martin winning the opening TT and carrying the Maillot Jaune the first four days with Froome-dawg taking it over on Stage 5. That backfired spectacularly.

And my polka-dot strategy was based on the blurb below:

Thibaut Pinot (FDJ)

As we’ve mentioned, very often the King of the Mountains contenders emerge based on how the race is unfolding, who has got into the right breaks, who has lost time overall and so on.

But Thibaut Pinot has broken with tradition a little by openly targeting the jersey, as he races the Tour on the back of his fourth-place finish at the Giro d’Italia.

Hopefully with half his team out the race he's going to blast up the mountains today and tomorrow.

I'm into the yellow jersey again, but you right - we head into the mountains now so I'll drop down again.

I also see that Fuglsang, one of my riders, broke his wrist so he will be in doubt for the rest of the tour. If he bows out that will be my 5th rider to leave the race!

You got a bit of daylight, especially back to third. But remember loads of points coming on the last day so nothing taken for granted