Braai etiket...

The expat cyclist

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Never understood people who do fish on a braai.

When I was younger we lived in Kommetjie for a while, and it became a thing to have snoek braais amongst my parents and their friends, buying from the back of bakkies..... Im still picking out bones from my mouth and trying  to wash the smell out of my clothes.

We can't be held accountable for your parents and their friends not being able to fillet the fish...come for a fish braai and we can get you over your traumatic childhood. :P

Crikey   are you following me around....cnr Glengariff and High Level Road

Oh bollocks! Now I know why I am screwed. Lived just below High Level Road when I moved to Cape Town from Kempies. Only for 3 months though, then saw the light and moved to Houtbaai. I got fed up from chasing bergies sleeping in front of my garage door. If you could call a wired gate a garage door.

When I was younger we lived in Kommetjie for a while, and it became a thing to have snoek braais amongst my parents and their friends, buying from the back of bakkies..... Im still picking out bones from my mouth and trying  to wash the smell out of my clothes.

We once surveyed a large fisheries factory in Moselbay (Weekend only) ...... the smell that sunk into my leather belt and boots could not be taken out, and eventually had to bin them.

I enjoy the taste of fish, but I hate having to fight my way through all the bloody bones ... so love hate relationship for me.

We once surveyed a large fisheries factory in Moselbay (Weekend only) ...... the smell that sunk into my leather belt and boots could not be taken out, and eventually had to bin them.

I enjoy the taste of fish, but I hate having to fight my way through all the bloody bones ... so love hate relationship for me.

I will never forget being at SAS Saldanha right next to the fisheries, Wednesday was a special day for some reason, the smell was extra potent Or worse, the red tide coming in and having to pick that up...there's nothing like a crustacean that's had a few days in the sun to 'ripen'. To think back how naive we were, getting excited being told we were going crayfishing, it's probably why I have trust issues to this day, haha.

We showered every chance we got and still stank for weeks. 

Smoked some chicken pieces on the Weber yesterday.  Coals with apple wood chips on one half of the braai and the chicken on the grid on the other half with potato wedges underneath... Crispy skin and still dripping with juice... hmmm... :drool:

Cooking chicken on indirect heat is an absolute winner in the Weber.  Say what you like about them, it's a very versatile braai...  

Smoked some chicken pieces on the Weber yesterday.  Coals with apple wood chips on one half of the braai and the chicken on the grid on the other half with potato wedges underneath... Crispy skin and still dripping with juice... hmmm... :drool:

Cooking chicken on indirect heat is an absolute winner in the Weber.  Say what you like about them, it's a very versatile braai...  

My old man does a mean chicken on the Weber. Lots of secrest spices and massaging, but mainly he shoves a can of beer up its ass, sits it upright, then covers the whole lot for around an hour and half..... not a bad braaier for a soutie.

Capetonions think you can only braai a snoek, that's why

Filleted Dorado basted with garlic butter while braai'ing - delicious

post-15288-0-82022900-1502108451_thumb.jpg