[Event] The Munga MTB 2017

Slowbee

Dangerous Dave when are you doing the Munga?

Im surprised every year when I check the entries and dont see your name!

Its on my list, but with my move to the UK early next year... not sure if it will ever happen TBH

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its on my list, but with my move to the UK early next year... not sure if it will ever happen TBH

I saw you are moving, makes it a whole lot harder to do when you live that far away. Im sure there will be tons of good races that side too.

While we're busy listing some riders achievements, I thought I'd post Guy Jennings' "CV" from his Keto page (Keto sponsor him / he's a Keto ambassador):

I did an Everest Challenge with him, and when I was crying inside, unable to hold a conversation and was literally falling asleep going down the hill, he was just cruising along like it was a Sunday stroll.  On a fatbike nogal!  He's got the stamina for this kind of riding.  He finished 12th last year and is currently in 12th position at 500km.

post-50271-0-83526700-1512047209_thumb.jpg

This whole Keto movement is very interesting, especially in endurance racing!

I have been playing around with my diet a little with regards to low carb, and I definitely feel I have more sustained energy.

If I am not mistaken, Mike Woolnough is very pro low carb! 

This whole Keto movement is very interesting, especially in endurance racing!

I have been playing around with my diet a little with regards to low carb, and I definitely feel I have more sustained energy.

If I am not mistaken, Mike Woolnough is very pro low carb! 

I've used all of the Keto products (the benefit of riding with an ambassador!) and really find that they work well, especially for long distance rides.  No hunger, no stomach pain, plenty energy, no cramps, no flat spots - really no downside.  And they taste good.

I've been to the talks that they hold as well, and the science behind it is fascinating.  Guy is also a veggie, so even more low carb than most.  

http://ketonutrition.co.za/

*I am not being paid by them and this is not a paid for advertisement  :ph34r:

I've used all of the Keto products (the benefit of riding with an ambassador!) and really find that they work well, especially for long distance rides.  No hunger, no stomach pain, plenty energy, no cramps, no flat spots - really no downside.  And they taste good.

I've been to the talks that they hold as well, and the science behind it is fascinating.  Guy is also a veggie, so even more low carb than most.  

http://ketonutrition.co.za/

*I am not being paid by them and this is not a paid for advertisement  :ph34r:

Are you completely fat adapted?

How do you find it affects your high intensity shorted type races (<80kms)?

You definitely get slower for the shorter stuff but can sustain a high effort for a long longer on keto.

I was doing a lot of running at the time I did it and my 10k times suffered quite a bit but longer distance times improved a lot.

Looks like Vettie is still recharging, probably planning on getting in some big mileage in the cooler weather tonight.

Am fully fat adapted, most long cycles and runs (up to marathon) I will do on water alone else add protein and electrolytes to my drinks (no carbs).  I even did full ironman this year with little to no carbs.... and finished strongly if I do say so myself.

For me, high intensity cycle races to stay with the batch/breakaway I will periodic carbo intake but at about 1/4 of what I use to put in my bottles (this is however slowly reducing with time as my body is adapting to not needing).  So is just a carb cycling diet to replenish the glycogen stores during high intensity bursts which helps you to replenish these stores on a periodic basis.

I never went that far - I just use the Keto products as a regular person, and for me they work well.

some might have seen that there are riders riding for someone called Andrew.

That is Andrew Bradford, who was killed on his bike earlier this year.

who better than the RD to explain it

I am a man of faith and serve a mighty God. A God of miracles and mercy and a God who is a father. But I can't pretend to know why things happen or understand the reason. I'm sad to say that at 3.05 this morning Andrew slipped into the Lords hands. I didn't get out of bed for yesterday's ride as I wanted to save my legs for gym. Anton didn't get out because he was just too tired. Same with Jerrard who has been working flat out. But Jacques, Colin and Andrew did , plus a couple of other guys. It could have been anyone one of us. These are the mysteries that confound us. No prayer is wasted. Please pray for Kate and the boys and the rest of Andrews family, and that justice is done. The world is short of one less decent human being today. Andrew was an amazing husband and awesome father. A model man and quiet mentor. So sorry friend, but there is no more traffic where you are now. Don't hold back!

https://www.facebook.com/alex.harris.524596/posts/10154494533658472

Edited by rider#35

While we're busy listing some riders achievements, I thought I'd post Guy Jennings' "CV" from his Keto page (Keto sponsor him / he's a Keto ambassador):

I did an Everest Challenge with him, and when I was crying inside, unable to hold a conversation and was literally falling asleep going down the hill, he was just cruising along like it was a Sunday stroll.  On a fatbike nogal!  He's got the stamina for this kind of riding.  He finished 12th last year and is currently in 12th position at 500km.

Holy cow...makes me feel a bit lame!!