Tour de France 2018

gummibear

Who's the 9th?

Sad day when you have to quote urself

Could that be big cheese Dave B in the middle with the cheesy smile?

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When last did u see a tubby come off during a stage race due to rim heat

Not saying it can’t happen, but I don’t recall ever seeing that kind of accident

What? You're not a "real" fan if you don't remember the Beloki tubby crash and Armstrong bike handling master class ????????

Team Sky all seem in good shape today  after all that snot & trane yesterday

DiOd3NBW4AIwwcD.jpg

Who's the 9th?

And not a single set of arm warmers in sight ;)

When last did u see a tubby come off during a stage race due to rim heat

Not saying it can’t happen, but I don’t recall ever seeing that kind of accident

That's because tubbies aren't glued anymore. They're stuck on with double sided tape.

Oh and ask Juseba Beloki what he thinks of glued on tubbies

What? You're not a "real" fan if you don't remember the Beloki tubby crash and Armstrong bike handling master class

That was BAD shame poor guy...and almost last century, once or twice in a century is acceptable...anyway the tyre came off as a result of the slide....which apparently was due to a patch of soft (melting) tar. I'm sure i could find someone on the interweb to back me up  :D  :D  :D

I saw that video of the spinning wheel, thought it looked weird and posted it here. Subsequently I’ve seen other videos showing him putting the chain back on etc. And someone mentioned the bike had been checked after the stage. So all good.  I reacted to the guy that made out I was stupid, the one insinuating I’d just started cycling and your first contribution to the effect I’d been ‘schooled’. Who’s doing the attacking? Don’t answer that, as I said yesterday - over and out.

Chilled man.  Your post didn't come across as you having accepted the evidence and being convinced otherwise, hence the chirp. Too many times people come on here(not just this thread) make assumptions and observations, and the moment it doesn't go the way they thought it would, and the Hub started attacking them, they usually end the conversation in a manner similar to yours. 

Glad you had your mind changed :thumbup:

I remember watching that live....or was it recorded

Either way it was pretty horrible.

Chilled man.  Your post didn't come across as you having accepted the evidence and being convinced otherwise, hence the chirp. Too many times people come on here(not just this thread) make assumptions and observations, and the moment it doesn't go the way they thought it would, and the Hub started attacking them, they usually end the conversation in a manner similar to yours. 

Glad you had your mind changed :thumbup:

That's a good start to the day. All's well that ends well.  :thumbup:

It's in the capacity of the rim to get rid of the heat and the breaking style of the rider. Steep descent with lots of corners are the worst cos you brake many times and hard.

Have been there on the descent of Rio's olympic course, even with normal tyre and tube had a front wheel blowout,, took ten minutes to change the tube( thats 2 to change and 8 to fetch some water from a stream so that me and my buddy could actuallt touch the rim again)

Remember it is La Course today..coverage from 10:30 (if I remember correctly)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Remember it is La Course today..coverage from 10:30 (if I remember correctly)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thanks Gen, will be sure to check it out [emoji41]

Sent from my LG-D958 using Tapatalk

Archived