Chris Froome returns adverse analytical finding for Salbutamol

Andrew Steer

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit more about Sky defence:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/more-details-of-chris-froomes-successful-salbutamol-defence/

and what is so annoying is that after everyone wading in on him he doesn't come out swinging. Perfect time to tell Hinault to go get ***** but comes out with this: 

Froome doesn't hold a grudge against Hinault. "He's one of the great champions. I imagine with age sometimes your wires get a little bit crossed, but if I see him I'll very happily explain it all in a bit more detail ... because he certainly got the wrong end of the stick," Froome said.

to be fair it's about as attack-dog as froome has ever been. 

The wrong end of the stick

post-41145-0-23142300-1530711902_thumb.jpg

I'm really not surprised because this is the way my nutritionist prescribes my meal plans for stage races.

For one events you aim to be at min weight on the day and then back to normal eating habits the same day to recover and not get ill.

Kudos to SKY and I can see the other teams scrambling to assess and implement .

Froome will win TdF again

"Sours" would have been a deal breaker. Thankfully he didn't go there. . . .

I think they way he has handled the entire affair has been a marked difference from Mr Armstrong... I mean, that's the first person who he was compared with when this was leaked, and to be honest, he hasn't gone on the attack, he hasn't dragged peoples name through the mud using his perceived power in the peloton... The fact that anyone could comment on it and not fear backlash really is a major difference in this affair..

Of course, it could be a tactical move and I'm sure it's been a measured response, but the environment seems completely different... Says a lot to me about the man...

.8f5699f9bd1419d183079e02b33ececa.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

So did you pre-order? Out 4 Oct..will definitely be reading this one.

Has this been posted?

Thanks for posting. I actually like the guy a little more now. Firm, fair and well spoken I reckon.

What an angry little man. Not Froome or Team Sky's fault that the already shakey makeup of the anti doping movement is further shaking. What's weak is weak. It's jo better than the Spanish Inquisition and was hastily implemented. It's wrong to sacrifice innocent people for the appearance of doing the right thing. So who peed under this guys tree??!

For a scientist he spends a lot of time on legal technicalities. I would much rather he talked about the the scientific basis of Froome’s rebuttal, specifically the impact Sky’s “functional dehydration” technique may have on Salbutamol concentration in urine etc.

Telling us about this shitty business and hypocrisy of he UCI’s “let’s go watch cycling again” is the function of the press or social media commentators, ot a scientist

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Interesting to see which websites & publications are falling on which side of the "for/against the outcome" line, and how they are spinning their particular version of the events.

He's been cleared....so why's this thread still going?

Because here on The Bike Hub we beat a dead horse until it is dead. And then someone revives it to beat it again.

For a scientist he spends a lot of time on legal technicalities. I would much rather he talked about the the scientific basis of Froome’s rebuttal, specifically the impact Sky’s “functional dehydration” technique may have on Salbutamol concentration in urine etc.

Telling us about this shitty business and hypocrisy of he UCI’s “let’s go watch cycling again” is the function of the press or social media commentators, ot a scientist

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

But therein is the reveal. Perhaps he sees himself as more of a social commentator than a scientist?

If he's still at UFS, it may be interesting to note that many SA universities track their academics' social media presence and equate that to an equivalent advertising revenue for the university, so more brownie points for you, with your university, the more you are 'seen' out there..... 

Because here on The Bike Hub we beat a dead horse until it is dead. And then someone revives it to beat it again.

You mean until it’s flat (beaten flat) and then someone blows it up again ( usualy out of proportion)

Cos if it’s dead ???? it’s dead ????

Only my old accountancy teacher could beat you deader than dead

????

Archived