2 Stephen Cummings 2015 2 x stage wins

5 Reinardt Janse van Rensburg 2015 8th on stage 19

Michael Valgren 2019 4th on stage 20

Roman Kreuziger 2019 4 x GC top 10

21 Giacomo Nizzolo 2019 n/a 22

Ben King 2019 n/a 23

Lars Bak 2019 4th on stage

*as per Into Cycling Newspaper

Eish, a team of non performers besides the local guys. 

I am getting a little tired of the whole quebeka aspect of Di data, if they dont win or get any press nobody is going to hear about the charity. 

With results dried up and hard to come by I would concentrate on results before giving back. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And some sanity over at team buffalo bikes..no Cav or Meintjes.. but Nederburg still need TV time so Cummings is included [emoji6]

no renshaw, no eisel either. the old train is staying at the station

And further acknowledgement that Africa's team has indeed been colonised

MTNQ

2015 - 2 SAF, 3 Eritrea

DDD

2016 - 1 SAF 2 Eritrea

2017 - 2 SAF

2018 - 2 SAF

2019 - 1 SAF

I can't see them going for GC, maybe a stage or two if they are very lucky.

The GC bus left that team long ago.. team selected is for stage wins or high placing.. the best they could have gone for IMO

At this stage a top 5 stage result is worth more to them than Cav sitting up 3km from the end cause he doesn't have the nerve to surf wheels anymore and carting his minions across France

Edited by Gen

The GC bus left that team long ago.. team selected is for stage wins or high placing.. the best they could have gone for IMO

At this stage a top 5 stage result is worth more to them than Cav sitting up 3km from the end cause he doesn't have the nerve to surf wheels anymore and carting his minions across France

Agree, They have a good Sprint train and options for stage victories wit RK being the guy to go for High GC placing if all goes well.

Lets hope they surprise us all.

They have selected the Three guys that supplied results recently, with Ben King and Valgren hopefully reaching good form in the Tour as well.

I am just greatfull Cav was not selected.

Stephen "Hanging around the back" Cummings :lol:

Ja the team is actually smartly selected considering current form of their usual selection mistakes.

Well that squad does have 4 Grand Tour stage winners and a Giro points jersey winner in it so let's hope it all comes together. 

End of the road for Cav?

beginning of the season he said he was still best in the world, now he can't make the squad of the weakest team in the world tour. And he's got three top 10s this year, with the best being a 3rd in Tour of Turkey.

Is his ego just too big to comeback from being humbled like this, or will he blame the bikes/doctors/brexit this time

Stephen "Hanging around the back" Cummings :lol:

Ja the team is actually smartly selected considering current form of their usual selection mistakes.

Don't have an issue with cummings at the back, just needs to get a result in there. He's a gamble, if it pays off it will be a masterstroke (he's also 38!)

End of the road for Cav?

beginning of the season he said he was still best in the world, now he can't make the squad of the weakest team in the world tour. And he's got three top 10s this year, with the best being a 3rd in Tour of Turkey.

Is his ego just too big to comeback from being humbled like this, or will he blame the bikes/doctors/brexit this time

)

Sheepers

You are a hard task master, in the old days you would be cracking the sjambok for sure

Honestly I think this is the best possible team they could've selected.. Cummings will either win a stage or advertise Nederburg...I would've preferred seeing Dlamini instead of Stevo though.

what lies ahead for the maincheese?

Bike shop in Rustenburg ?

Look it is hard being a pro athlete, it is really hard being a pro cyclist, there is no hiding when you have lost form or reached your peak early in your career.

Edited by Gen

I posted this in the wrong thread:

"Our team visited Velokhaya on our annual training camp in November last year and it proved to be a source of great inspiration to our riders and staff who were present." 

Ummm obviously not that great inspiration as they currently sit last on the UCI rankings 800 points behind the next worst team. 

Also first paragraph, aggressive racing? Did the copywriter forget he wasn't writing for QuickStep?

Too much fluff, not enough real life. I dont care about caps, I care about South Africans competing at world tour level and an SA team winning races. 

Get real di data, I will be disapointed if half the pro conti teams beat you at TDF.

Seems perfectly at home in both threads. LOL

I guess so, hence pasting it here. 

At least we are consistent, CCC has gone from the 4th best team to one above us in 6 months!

what lies ahead for the maincheese? 

He has a broken wrist which hasn't healed quick enough, but he was actually showing better form prior to that crash.  I hope he goes for GC in Spain and get a top 10 which will give him the boost he needs.  He has the ability and enough time to still grab a few big ones