All things Team Qhubeka NextHash

Eldron

IMO it is do or die for DDD each rider selected has to go for it...there is no other choice.

Every rider and team at the Tour have to go for it in some way or another with a do or die approach. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We agree on 99% of stuff here but I have to disagree. Cav being left out is a good call and to have Cummings there is good in terms of a road Captain or 2nd Captain to RK. His role in the Tour team may simply be as Super Domestique on flatter type stages etc.

The Team they have is good and won't waste energy on Cav not delivering. 

What their overall results will be is unknown but they have a better chance with Niz in a sprint than Cav.

Doug made the right call here.

You made very fair points.  I did not think of Cummings as a second road captain so in that sense there is perhaps logic in his selection.

Interesting though is that (according to the press) Rolf Aldag wanted Cav to be in the team but was overruled by Doug. I wonder what that is all about as one would expect the performance director to be on top of stuff such as training data etc in order to be in the best position to make such a call? 

Anyway, lets see how it goes. 

You made very fair points.  I did not think of Cummings as a second road captain so in that sense there is perhaps logic in his selection.

Interesting though is that (according to the press) Rolf Aldag wanted Cav to be in the team but was overruled by Doug. I wonder what that is all about as one would expect the performance director to be on top of stuff such as training data etc in order to be in the best position to make such a call? 

As Team Principal he can over ride any decision essentially and maybe made a business decision based off of whatever.

Either way I do agree with his decision but that means nothing essentially and if they dont win a stage it won't be cause they never took Cav.

You made very fair points. I did not think of Cummings as a second road captain so in that sense there is perhaps logic in his selection.

Well based on the team's performances Rolf should be fired [emoji6]

Every rider and team at the Tour have to go for it in some way or another with a do or die approach. 

But the likes of CCC, Didata and Katusha have more to prove than say a Movistar, AG2R and Ineous that have all just signed sponsorships till 2021 and have been performing. 

But the likes of CCC, Didata and Katusha have more to prove than say a Movistar, AG2R and Ineous that have all just signed sponsorships till 2021 and have been performing. 

CCC is a Pro conti team that became world tour. They not the BMC team with a new sponsor, they CCC Pro Conti with a WT license and some staff/riders from the old BMC team.

They doing not too shabby. 

Katusha are underperforming compared to years past but you think that their pressure is any less than AG2R or Ineous who are expecting a GC overall win or a random wildcard who have to prove their worth and sent riders into a break every day? 

Different goals, same pressure to perform.

Best decision imho to leave Cav out, it was a distraction. Finally the endless debate is over.

DR has sent a clear message to the guys selected that they are there for stage wins and there is plenty of firepower in that lineup.

Now we just need to see the confidence to win come through.

Overall looks interesting too, I'd love to see Dan Martin or a Frenchman light things up. 

Hopefully Ineos and Movistar don't bore us to sleep. 

True, but as the overall decision maker who hires and fires staff including riders Doug has also not covered himself in any glory specially over the last year. 

Funnily, according to the heavy hitting pundits, only 2 or 3 stages this year will be an all out bunch finish sprint.

Most are talking about small sprint bunches of 'survivors'.

Cav has shown he can't climb at all this year. He might be able to sprint, but he was dropped consistently on cat 3 and 4 bumps earlier.

Taking an out and out fast man to a 3 week race that might only have 3 big bunch sprints just seems silly. 

And maybe Dr Carol Austin rehired?

@ JW : Do you know where she is now and why she seemingly left TDD?

True, but as the overall decision maker who hires and fires staff including riders Doug has also not covered himself in any glory specially over the last year.

Yep.. the whole team is a mess

As one of the biggest names in cycling, they probably should have included his exclusion in the press blurb - it was always going to cause a stir despite his results so they could have pre-empted that.

Cav also messed up the @qhubeka twitter handle in his message, this lovely chika from jozi hasn't tweetd in 4 years is going to wonder what happened to her twitter

https://twitter.com/quebuka