All things Team Qhubeka NextHash

Eldron

I posted this in the wrong thread:

Too much fluff, not enough real life.

This.[emoji122]

You know when teams get together in Dec and start their season prep a lot of these guys are fluffing around in CT and the rest are well wherever they feel like. Other teams are doing some team building and some serious training.

Maybe Doug has finally taken control of this team...

Look a few other teams are also doing poorly..bit damn DDD have occupied that last spot in rankings since they got WT status

Edited by Gen

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He has a broken wrist which hasn't healed quick enough, but he was actually showing better form prior to that crash. I hope he goes for GC in Spain and get a top 10 which will give him the boost he needs. He has the ability and enough time to still grab a few big ones

Aaaah I didn't know that.. shame man hopefully a good showing at Vuelta..

I guess so, hence pasting it here.

At least we are consistent, CCC has gone from the 4th best team to one above us in 6 months!

Yeah CCC have serious problems so do Katusha.

Personally I think Doug Ryder stuffed up here.

If current form is the yardstick I can understand that he left Cav out ... but how can he then justify the inclusion of a 39 year old rider (Cummings) who has hardly finished a stage race this season never mind getting a decent result in one. His third place in a watered down British ITT competition during which he beat exactly 4 World tour riders surely cannot count for much.

I wont be surprised if sponsors soon start to walk away from this sad lot.

This.[emoji122]

You know when teams get together in Dec and start their season prep a lot of these guys are fluffing around in CT and the rest are well wherever they feel like. Other teams are doing some team building and some serious training.

I dont really care what they do before pre season training, its nice having a few WT pros ride DC and that  Jozi event. But dont talk in your press release about the biggest event on the cycling calendar about being inspired in Dec and some stupid cap thing. 

Its like the vegan dude who has not everested yet, dont tell us what you going to do, do it. Then the fans will say, wow, Di data is riding like a bunch of inspired individuals. Then say, well yes, we derived that from .... 

At the Giro it looked like the team was just trying to finish the tour and get to the end. GO big and go home, dont just partake. 

I dont really care what they do before pre season training, its nice having a few WT pros ride DC and that Jozi event. But dont talk in your press release about the biggest event on the cycling calendar about being inspired in Dec and some stupid cap thing.

Its like the vegan dude who has not everested yet, dont tell us what you going to do, do it. Then the fans will say, wow, Di data is riding like a bunch of inspired individuals. Then say, well yes, we derived that from ....

At the Giro it looked like the team was just trying to finish the tour and get to the end. GO big and go home, dont just partake.

Pre season starts in Dec.. if you as a team owner/trainer/whatever can't get that right your whole season will be buggered.

This.[emoji122]

Look a few other teams are also doing poorly..bit damn DDD have occupied that last spot in rankings since they got WT status

Fluffing

????

Not your best word choice Gen

Don’t google fluffer meaning

????

Yeah Stevo seems an odd choice but he did place 3rd at the british TT champs so might be hitting some form. There has to be a reason more than the nostalgic as it's likely to be his last Tour. If you were thinking that way you'd saddle up the old guard and throw in cav' and co to produce a fairy tale. Who knows with TDD It does all seem a bit ad hoc this year. 

Yeah Stevo seems an odd choice but he did place 3rd at the british TT champs so might be hitting some form. There has to be a reason more than the nostalgic as it's likely to be his last Tour. If you were thinking that way you'd saddle up the old guard and throw in cav' and co to produce a fairy tale. Who knows with TDD It does all seem a bit ad hoc this year.

IMO it is do or die for DDD each rider selected has to go for it...there is no other choice.

Steve is a lone ranger and opportunist which has been known to pay of

Bit also been a while since he has pulled it off, but he has to has to go for it

Prob. unlikely he will pull off another Mandela Day move, but rather him than Cav & crew imho.

I am with you on that.

Prob. unlikely he will pull off another Mandela Day move, but rather him than Cav & crew imho.

At least he would make it over the mountains in relegation time :)

Hoping Steve does something interesting again.

Personally I think Doug Ryder stuffed up here.

If current form is the yardstick I can understand that he left Cav out ... but how can he then justify the inclusion of a 39 year old rider (Cummings) who has hardly finished a stage race this season never mind getting a decent result in one. His third place in a watered down British ITT competition during which he beat exactly 4 World tour riders surely cannot count for much.

I wont be surprised if sponsors soon start to walk away from this sad lot.

We agree on 99% of stuff here but I have to disagree. Cav being left out is a good call and to have Cummings there is good in terms of a road Captain or 2nd Captain to RK. His role in the Tour team may simply be as Super Domestique on flatter type stages etc.

The Team they have is good and won't waste energy on Cav not delivering. 

What their overall results will be is unknown but they have a better chance with Niz in a sprint than Cav.

Doug made the right call here.

Edited by J Wakefield