Cape Epic 2019

AllAboutRides

Have we started with race predictions yet or should I go a few pages back?

If not, here is my top 5 teams as well as my darkhorse team:

1st: Fumic / Avancini or Schurter & Co

3rd: Spez (Kulharvy & Co)

4th: Urs & Stibi

5th: Centurion Vaude

Darkhorse team for the win: Urs & Co

Ladies:

1st: Anika & Co

2nd: Lill & Co (hope they win actually)

3rd: Ghost girls

Mariske Strauss and Jenny?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see Ariane's hapless partner from 2018 is having another go with someone else. Good luck to her.

In the ladies it is hard to look past Anika and Anna for the win. In second ill pick Ariane and Maja and 3rd Mariska and Jenny.

1. Investec Songo Specialized Ladies

2. Kross Spur Racing

3. Silverback-Fairtree

In the men things got a bit shaken up. My original pick would have been Jaro and Howard. I don't rate Sam Gaze in stage racing as every event he's entered he has exploded on one of the stages. This is in things like W2W and Tankwa. I cannot see them getting onto the podium. From the red jersey it is really exiting to see Alan and Matt team up. Depending on how it goes with the team assistance I can actually see them getting onto the GC podium.

The cannondale boys are always dangerous and Nino will be up there if he can keep his partner alive. 

1. Scott Sram MTB (Nino and Andri)

2. Cannondale Factory Racing(Manuel and Henrique)

3. Specialized Foundation NAD(Alan and Matt)

In the ladies it is hard to look past Anika and Anna for the win. In second ill pick Ariane and Maja and 3rd Mariska and Jenny.

2. Kross Spur Racing

3. Silverback-Fairtree

In the men things got a bit shaken up. My original pick would have been Jaro and Howard. I don't rate Sam Gaze in stage racing as every event he's entered he has exploded on one of the stages. This is in things like W2W and Tankwa. I cannot see them getting onto the podium. From the red jersey it is really exiting to see Alan and Matt team up. Depending on how it goes with the team assistance I can actually see them getting onto the GC podium.

The cannondale boys are always dangerous and Nino will be up there if he can keep his partner alive. 

I also don't see Gaze getting to stage 4. Don't get me wrong, the guy has huge watts and is a strong rider but also plenty of "kop wurms"

Cool Harvey could put Gaze in his pocket and still win!! 

Jarry isn't the rider he used to be. Last year he got lucky in having Scott blow up and Cannondale seemed more into the wine tasting than the racing. They enjoyed it while they in contention but didn't appear to be as serious about winning it as Jarry and Howie

2. Kross Spur Racing

3. Silverback-Fairtree

Matt is currently in awesome shape. I do expect something from him if he has a good partner.

1) Cannondale FR - Anavcini & Fumic

2) Songo - Coolhavy & Gaze

3) Scott - Schurter & andri

Ladies will be dominated by Anika & Van der breggen.

I'd bump Scott to #1

Cannondale #2

Specialized #3

And go out on a limb with Maya and Arianne in first

Langvad vdbreggen 2nd

Strauss stenerhag 3rd

I'd bump Scott to #1

Cannondale #2

Specialized #3

And go out on a limb with Maya and Arianne in first

Langvad vdbreggen 2nd

Strauss stenerhag 3rd

I am actually hoping Cannondale bad luck has ended. 

Also think team vaude will be very close in 4th.

Langvad will dominate them all, just a matter of how well van der breggen will go.