Cape Epic 2019

AllAboutRides

Regardless of whose fault it was or wasn’t, he didn’t have to be a complete box and Jump on his bike and ride off without checking if the person he fell into and caused to crash was ok.

Knob

That i agree with wholeheartedly. Being friendly to your fellow racer always comes first. Tomorrow the other rider may return the favour when you are stuck with a technical.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While it’s not cool for the guy to just ride off... neither are her comments on instagram

That’s a risk u take passing someone under those circumstances

Its awesome how she shows her real character on Instagram.

Firstly, yes its polite to stop and ask if she is ok. Is he wrong in not doing it? No, its not nice but thats life.

Secondly, are we all going to pretend that the pro riders in SA has, in general, any decency to other riders on a course? They will often, eg when different race distances merge or cross, pass slower riders at the speed of light, be rude, shout and swear and in general just claim the trail. So no, I dont feel sorry for her. Thats how they race and these kind off things will happen. The end

So many layers

???? Men can do more to more to support women in cycling, in society. Here was an opportunity.

???? CycleLab seems to have a questionable reputation

???? The code amongst mountain bikers - support, help, camaraderie (especially as she wasn’t a rival)

Again, glad they both could safely roll away to hopefully. ????????

Temps touching the low 30s tomorrow ☀️

89 kms ????

2600 plus vert ⛰

Cut off about 8.5 hrs ????

The amateurs will be fighting hard to beat the clock and turn weary pistons ⚙️

Edited by 'Dale

So many layers

Men can do more to more to support women in cycling, in society. Here was an opportunity.

CycleLab seems to have a questionable reputation

The code amongst mountain bikers - support, help, camaraderie (especially as she wasn’t a rival)

Again, glad they both could safely roll away to hopefully.

There was a trip in cyclelab kit who got in the way of the ladies race earlier in the week. I could have been stage 2. They were crossing rail tracks and he just merrily blocked the trail as he clumsily remounted leaving the chasing ladies to wonder if their luck would ever turn

There was a trip in cyclelab kit who got in the way of the ladies race earlier in the week. I could have been stage 2. They were crossing rail tracks and he just merrily blocked the trail as he clumsily remounted leaving the chasing ladies to wonder if their luck would ever turn

Aye.. what a doosh.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Its awesome how she shows her real character on Instagram.

Well on the second post she do mention that he came to check in on her.  I can just assume both were very tired at that stage ...

Fixed it for ya. 

Not sure if this was pointed out, but the Cannondale guys are not riding with Camelbak: 

https://www.uswe-sports.com/us/stories/cannondalefactoryracing

USWE has a better hydration pack, one that doesn't dance around on your back when traversing technical terrain -- or make your arms go numb due to pinching nerves at the shoulder joint.  I just got one of these a couple of weeks ago, and works so much better! 

What is encouraging to see is the amount of South African youngsters coming through and doing well on the GC.

The Imbuko Giant lads are riding extremely well.

Temps touching the low 30s tomorrow ☀

89 kms

2600 plus vert ⛰

Cut off about 8.5 hrs

The amateurs will be fighting hard to beat the clock and turn weary pistons ⚙

Yup. Jonkers in the heat of tomorrow (i expect around 34 - 36) will be murder for the late starters.

Saw this on Facebook...if this is the rule surely it will only be right that Scott gets a time penalty?

Review topic 23.3 of the Cape Epic regulation.

Andri Frischknecth could only assist Lars Forster, if his partner Gert Heyns was with him, or if Gert Heyns was out of the race. So the wheel change was uneven.

You have to penalize Team Scott

If the penalize Scott due to that rule then they will have to penalize specialized foundation team as well, kulhavy stoped to assist them when Beers fell