Conned out of my bike

branded

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is at tough one. What a royal pain in the butt. What bike was it, post pictures and description. You never know, someone might see it or be offered it. 

I agree.  If we all know what bike to look out for there's a slim chance it may be spotted.

Screen shots this for future blackmail  :lol:

Firstly, sorry that you have been done in, Must suck big time.

Secondly, and I don't want to sound harsh and come across as being a box but dude, seriously? Faith in humanity? You shouldn't even trust your mother in law these days.

I will bet the amount that apple is now worth that you won't see the cash or bike again.

These okes are still doing this because so many people fall for it.

Sadly its not nearly the first or last time this will happen.

A bit of a read around here would have highlighted that.

So I posted my bike for sale on Gumtree and got a buyer. Tina Manata, apparently at Stellies call and does an EFT. I get the Sms to say that the deposit has been made, and having faith in humanity decide what the heck I'll trust him. That's Monday as of yet no funds into my account. He promised today that he'll bri g the bike back. If anybody here know this guy please send me his whereabouts.

Tina Manata

Sounds legit  :w00t:

I (mostly) trust humanity.  The few randellas that was scammed out of me here and there does not weigh up to the price that the scammer will pay for his actions - both in this life and the next.

But I also will not proceed if I smell a scam...

However, I only trust humanity if I can stomach the loss of a potential scam.  As example I won't sell my house "trusting humanity"...

Ja pity that is is the world we live in. I've come to the point where Ive got no hope in seeing either but would love to get him on the road.

Why dont you give us a description of the bike, maybe some photos etc. So if someone see's the bike they are able to assist. 

Also, gumtree is a no go. :(

Why dont you give us a description of the bike, maybe some photos etc. So if someone see's the bike they are able to assist. 

Ah, the double bluff. Like the old 'don't send email campaigns on a Friday'. Now Fridays are so quiet we get the best customer open rates on a Friday and with everyone scared of gumtrees and scammers you can pick up a bargain with cash a call as people are so frightened of being scammed. 

Gumtree...hmmm.

Tina Manata...hmmm.

"apparently at.." ....hmmm.

"faith in humanity...." ...in South Africa in 2018...hmm.

"I'll trust him....."........hmmmm.

"he promised ......."..........hmmmmm.

see the problem..?

sorry you had this experience dude. wait for funds to reflect then send the goods next time.

So I posted my bike for sale on Gumtree and got a buyer. Tina Manata, apparently at Stellies call and does an EFT. I get the Sms to say that the deposit has been made, and having faith in humanity decide what the heck I'll trust him. That's Monday as of yet no funds into my account. He promised today that he'll bri g the bike back. If anybody here know this guy please send me his whereabouts.

I actually laughed when I read this, because it took 2 pages of jokes and "Ya no sorry dude but you'll never see that bike again" before somebody actually said something helpful. 

I actually laughed when I read this, because it took 2 pages of jokes and "Ya no sorry dude but you'll never see that bike again" before somebody actually said something helpful. 

It's Friday, usually takes way more pages...

Sorry to hear about your experience.

I've bought and sold bikes/bits via Bikehub, and cars/motorcycles via Gumtree. On both venues I've occasionally exposed myself to risk with the other party, and vice versa. With no problems.

It might be an experience thing or I might just have been lucky.

I prefer to think that there are more good people than bad in the world.