[Event] Coronation Double Century 2018

Mamil

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a stunning day!!

Savage ladies team podiumed, really impressed with the ladies team. 

Our mixed team beat 4th place by 30 seconds to get onto the podium on 3rd. Some massive machines in that team!

The lads did a 5:08 and improved 3 spots from last year to 13th overall. 

The old ballies had their best DC getting all 12 home in 7:31! 

post-11806-0-39589500-1543150499_thumb.jpg

What a stunning day!!

Our mixed team beat 4th place by 30 seconds to get onto the podium on 3rd. Some massive machines in that team!

attachicon.gifDC 2018.JPG

Savages rule :thumbup:  Congratulations!

What a stunning day!!

Well done Savages.. see all you guys needed to podium all these years were a few ladies[emoji6][emoji6]

Jokes aside..well done.[emoji122]

Is it just me or were there more crashes this year than any other year? We must’ve passed at least 4 seperate crash scenes. One lady got her shorts ripped open, can’t imagine her continuing like that even if she was ok.

There was a lot of very poor bunch riding etiquette.

I can call out more than a few teams who showed no regard for their or other riders safety.

Motorbike Marshall’s did a good job of trying to keep everyone abiding by the rules but these teams just didn’t give a toss.

Is it just me or were there more crashes this year than any other year? We must’ve passed at least 4 seperate crash scenes. One lady got her shorts ripped open, can’t imagine her continuing like that even if she was ok.

I don't seem to remember any crashes in previous years.

One happened 10m behind me on the fast section between Op de Tradouw and Montagu. Saw 2 others that must have just happened - lots of blood. Not great to see.

I hoe that everyone involved isn't too badly hurt and heal up quickly.

My friend and teammate was taken down by a rider who swerved in front of him going down the Third Bitch. Broken clavicle, two cracks in his pelvis and lots of road rash and bruises. We were doing around 50 km/h according to my Garmin. Another cyclist rode straight into him and did his shoulder. It all happened right in front of me, in slow motion. Somehow I was able to avoid the carnage and spend the next 40 minutes holding his hand and shielding him from the sun and the boiling hot tar. The medical crews were great and he’s now in Swellendam Medical for another few nights before two weeks in a rehab centre. Then he may be able to fly home. He’s a tough old Bullet and I’m expecting him to be back on the bike and dishing out the pain soon.

What a stunning day!!

Correction! 17th with a time of 5:15!  -_-  :P

There was a lot of very poor bunch riding etiquette.

I can call out more than a few teams who showed no regard for their or other riders safety.

Motorbike Marshall’s did a good job of trying to keep everyone abiding by the rules but these teams just didn’t give a toss.

We passed a few number of teams on Saturday and the amount of times the team or 2 in front just refused to ride 2 abreast even was ridiculous. We would announce ourselves coming and explain that there are on coming cars, white line rule and trucks passing in the double lane sections, zero f's given. 

I must have brushed 9-11 shoulders trying to not die/stay in the white line. even when our moto went ahead and told teams, nothing. 

(We were passed by UCT, Bluff and when they came past we made sure to be as far left as possible and single file)

There have been some nasty crashes previously, a guy died on the descent of Tradouw before and there have been massive pile ups down Op Tradouw as well. 

Think it just depends what you see. There have been crashes on the railway tracks and before the second water point before when people are hustling for wheels. 

There have been some nasty crashes previously, a guy died on the descent of Tradouw before and there have been massive pile ups down Op Tradouw as well. 

Think it just depends what you see. There have been crashes on the railway tracks and before the second water point before when people are hustling for wheels. 

stop mucking about and finish the race report