Warren Lew

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From newsletter

CAPE TOWN CYCLE TOUR SEEDING BENEFIT

This is your last chance to improve your  seeding for the 2019 Cape Town Cycle Tour. Results from Cycloportive 1 and 2 and Tour De PPA will be given a 'boost' and used for a PPA member seeding run only !

Looking at my seeding results for cyclosportive #1 and #2 they were given a 5 point penalty. Is this like a take-a lot 'special' where they increase list price before the time  :whistling:

.... also wondering, so if PPA members get re-seeded do the groups just get bigger?

I do so wish they would stop changing the rules as they skip along! My whole build up is worked out like a Swiss clock and now this.

PPA sms...

I wouldn't stress so much about the seeding thing and unless there's a mathematical error (I've picked up one of these a few years ago) just ride with how you've been seeded.

Odds are that if you ride a few races throughout the year your seeding will reflect your ability and will match you with similar riders.

I will admit though, they made a bit of a blunder with the Beta for the 99er as it wasn't as tough as that index indicates and I don't recall it being any harder than the previous 2 years I've ridden it. This has pushed me up quite nicely but I suspect that my group will have the "real" 1Fs who will drop us come Edinburgh Drive and then the "99er" 1Fs who will hopefully all ride together until at least Cape Point.

Yeah, I'm not stressed - just poking the bear ;). The weather and luck is probably going to have a bigger impact overall than moving up a group or two - at least for me that is!

This makes me feel like I have to smash myself on Sundays Tour de PPA when I intended just mooching along.

You and the lady Merida making an appearance?

i'm there.  just looking for an incident-free race and see how i do up vissershok this time.

you don't have to smash yourself either, you did great at the 99er!

Hey guy's I know I'm not suppose to post this here but since my phone has the Tapatalk App on it refuses to go onto the desktop site and connect me to the classifieds.

I am not going to be able to do the CTCT this year so I'm selling my entry.

Will see if I can get onto the desktop site tomorrow at work.

Looking at my seeding results for cyclosportive #1 and #2 they were given a 5 point penalty. Is this like a take-a lot 'special' where they increase list price before the time :whistling:

.... also wondering, so if PPA members get re-seeded do the groups just get bigger?

My guess is that they will mess around with the beta and adjusted winning times to keep the CTCT group sizes within range.

Sneaky stuff...

How's that roadworks in sun valley looking?

Can we start getting okes worried about a detour through the mall parking lot already??

They're busy laying new tar on one side at the moment.  I think the plan is to start using the new piece of tar and rip up the old one, but not sure if they'll do this before or after the race. 

They're busy laying new tar on one side at the moment. I think the plan is to start using the new piece of tar and rip up the old one, but not sure if they'll do this before or after the race.

Neutral zone

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

the shambles in front of mall in Noordhoek, has been there for months. 

Are we racing in that 1 lane?  :huh:

Just shows you, CoCT are spending their alotted budget for roadworks/road infrastructure improvements.  :whistling:  :ph34r:

Not in my road and not in the road right in front of their own Civic Centre where there is holes, dirt, grime, homeless people and the smell of piss on the sidewalks all over. Ride your bike through that area and you'll see. Disgusting.