[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2019

Warren Lew

It is HTML. If you are clever enough the data can be extracted.

<tr class="Nor">
    <td id="0" class="Cell ">
        <a class="Bold" target="" href="results_by_person.aspx?PID=692864">Gaze, Sam</a>
    </td>
    <td id="0" class="Cell CenterAlign">2:39:42</td>
    <td id="0" class="Cell CenterAlign">1/23028</td>
    <td id="0" class="Cell CenterAlign">M</td>
    <td id="0" class="Cell CenterAlign">1/18590</td>
    <td id="0" class="Cell CenterAlign">$         </td>
    <td id="0" class="Cell CenterAlign">1/156</td>
    <td id="0" class="Cell CenterAlign">M Elite   </td>
    <td id="0" class="Cell CenterAlign">1/1334</td>
    <td id="0" class="Cell CenterAlign">40.95</td>
    <td id="0" class="Cell CenterAlign"></td>
</tr>

How does this help a layman person?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On a side note: saw 2 people riding it on a tandem fat bike. They were cruising at the bridge I was sitting at. Looked like they were going to do well. If they are on here it would be nice to know what time they did?

This fat bike?

post-110359-0-40183900-1552307214_thumb.jpg

Guy that I use to work with, him and his wife finished in 5h10

Edited by Herman Francois Swart

their webpage appears to be blocking the extraction

PM me your email addy and I'll send you the excel file.

Started way back in 6J with family, exactly as advertised 09h40, at least 15minutes was "lost" at the on-ramp to NM Boulevard....walked from the start of the ramp to about 50m onto highway before it was clear to ride...

Yip the wife confirmed this, she started in 6J and also mentioned this. 

There was even a delay in 2g but luckily the people did not un-clip to walk. We were going at 5km/h for a minute and then it got going again.

I started in 2G and we also had a bottle nek trying to go up so I thought almost all the groups would have had this. 

Use excel web connection to pull data from racetec. If you know Power Query you can create functions to navigate the pages on racetec as well as different results across years and consolidate into 1 database.

Thanks for the advice - managed to do it really quickly with some online searching (I have very little programming skills). Now to setup previous years and do some comparisons!

One of the things I wondered about. I saw quite a few people pulling carts with disabled individuals in them. Must be quite a days work… One does wonder if making an exception for e-bikes for those specific instances is not justified? I suspect that if the race organisers were to permit this, far more disabled people would be taken along to enjoy the day as well. Even if there is a special seeding for them. Just a thought.

Was the same for us in 3G. There was no such problem there last year. What was different?

the onramp was reduced to only one lane this year.

I think it created a bottle neck. 

One of the things I wondered about. I saw quite a few people pulling carts with disabled individuals in them. Must be quite a days work… One does wonder if making an exception for e-bikes for those specific instances is not justified? I suspect that if the race organisers were to permit this, far more disabled people would be taken along to enjoy the day as well. Even if there is a special seeding for them. Just a thought.

A few of my pals were in that group and a few of them said they said really wished an E-bike could be allowed for the buggies. Buggy is around 20kg and the kids are 20-50kg so its a heck of a load on the pilot. It would be fantastic to make this happen

And yet some of them managed to come in well under 4 hours...respect!

And yet some of them managed to come in well under 4 hours...respect!

many of them had supporters on every hill and they'd get a helping push. Not all crews were that lucky/organised

A few of my pals were in that group and a few of them said they said really wished an E-bike could be allowed for the buggies. Buggy is around 20kg and the kids are 20-50kg so its a heck of a load on the pilot. It would be fantastic to make this happen

Well one of the buggies with an old acquaintance as one of the pushers came past me and dropped me like a stone. So hmmm, But yes allowing for that scenario would be an option.

However I saw quite a few ebikes on the route. Even though they were not allowed. 

How do you police this? 

Well one of the buggies with an old acquaintance as one of the pushers came past me and dropped me like a stone. So hmmm, But yes allowing for that scenario would be an option.

However I saw quite a few ebikes on the route. Even though they were not allowed. 

How do you police this? 

Pelenty of ways but it requires a change of procedure.

Buggies and pull-bikes homologated at registration? receive a sticker that stays on the bike and buggy. No sticker no ride.

keeping the e-bikes out of the regular fun ride groups is easy if the chute police were doing their work but sadly they were not. They need to be trained to look for an e-bike. They're not.

the world is changing and it appears there is reluctance to change at an organiser and participant level

the onramp was reduced to only one lane this year.

I think it created a bottle neck. 

Think it was to rather have the bottle next at the bottom of the ramp than at the top of the ramp

If you ask me, what they did this year was the safer option.

yeah - 23k seems low. Maybe more results to come.

But as it stands nobody in a 'number group' (1a, 1b etc) got a sub 3. And no more than the top 5 in the hashtag groups got sub 3 (apart from $ of course).

I counted 13 only if you disregard the $’s

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On ebikes... It seems there was some inconsistencies...

Pulling into the first set of gates I was right next to an older woman on a giant ebike... Marshall immediately pointed it out and just said, "no E-bikes, sorry." she of course flipped and insisted she was only riding with kids, etc...

I felt for her, but also not... She would have got the sms just like I did... She clearly just thought she was above it...

However, after the minor protest, the Marshall did say he would speak to someone, etc etc... I wonder if they just made the allowance if someone pitched up?

Saw none in the alphabet soup I was in... Sure as **** would have grabbed on for a tow if I had!