Should I still use this front tyre

SwissVan

other day i was cleaning some dirt / dust from my road bike front tyre and noticed it was "suddenly" looking a bit threadbare. Considering some of the steep roads and sharp corners i sometimes ride on i as actually shocked to see it like this and that i had never noticed

Its a Continental GP Attack and i have no idea how many km's it has done or how long its been on.

Local LBS says normally a front tyre should last about 4000km

How much more do you think it will go before going pooof?

post-182-0-55534600-1538506718_thumb.jpg

post-182-0-82905100-1538506728_thumb.jpg

post-182-0-08132600-1538506743_thumb.jpg

other day i was cleaning some dirt / dust from my road bike front tyre and noticed it was "suddenly" looking a bit threadbare. Considering some of the steep roads and sharp corners i sometimes ride on i as actually shocked to see it like this and that i had never noticed

Its a Continental GP Attack and i have no idea how many km's it has done or how long its been on.

Local LBS says normally a front tyre should last about 4000km

How much more do you think it will go before going pooof?

attachicon.gifCapturety1.JPG

attachicon.gifCapturety2.JPG

attachicon.gifCapturety3.JPG

I wouldnt take a chance with that tyre Swiss.

As it works in nature, it will blow out in a corner when you are trying to improve your downhill speed record.

Ping Rouxenater. Couldn't resist. That tyre is good for AT LEAST another 40 000km. Just corner aggressively...

Tyres wear in, not out! He'll suggest you ride them for another few thousand kms, then turn them inside out and you're golden for even more

Def ready for a hub classified sale - just copy 'n paste the sale blurb I drafted for you:

"cured (old school method) conti attack, lotsa life in it, was my racing set - just raced once or twice. Prefer collection (see location - no time wasters pls), pls no callme or sms, whatsapp only. Slightly neg"

Nah, go ahead, what’s the worst that could happen?

How do you knowingly enter a sport where you have to sniff someone's sweaty butthole from point blank range? I think the "driver" (is there a formal term for the steerer on a tandem?) actually controlled his wheel vaporizing pretty well.

On point though, I'd change that tyre immediately. That's a face full of road grit waiting to happen.

Steep downhills, tight corners and that tyre don’t go well in the same sentence........I would change it, it’s not worth the risk !

Without a doubt, the replacement tyre is already at home waiting and will be installed before the next outdoor ride

It could have popped awhile ago already so I posted it just to highlight how easy it is to miss obvious problems....

To answer the question. Hell no, please replace it within the next 30 seconds!

It could have popped awhile ago already so I posted it just to highlight how easy it is to miss obvious problems....

To respond to this. I say an eye test is definitely needed as well!

Edited by KurTieB

Swiss, that's a Conti after all. Good to go for a few thousand k's more. Just make sure your pressure is correct at all times. 

It's still good to use as an indoor trainer tyre. However, as mentioned by everyone else, definitely worth changing it...