Diagnosed with stage 4 cancer - the long winding road it has become

Cois

Was discharged last night.

My whiteblood cell count came down from 22000 to 8000. The range tops at 9000. So 22000 was very high. The doctor would have kept me there if it was higher.

Was great to fall asleep in my own bed without a fat guy attempting to break the noise barrier with his snoring and an attempt to what he thought singing should be. Yeah he thought it was a great idea to sing along with his music (the nurse said he was not sick enough if he could sing). He also did not respect the fact that other people needed to use the bathroom. He would knock and then keep banging the door. I told him to fudge off on Friday morning while I was using the bathroom. And almost broke his hand yesterday afternoon when he kept on shaking the door and I lost it on my way out of the bathroom.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was discharged last night.

My whiteblood cell count came down from 22000 to 8000. The range tops at 9000. So 22000 was very high. The doctor would have kept me there if it was higher.

Was great to fall asleep in my own bed without a fat guy attempting to break the noise barrier with his snoring and an attempt to what he thought singing should be. Yeah he thought it was a great idea to sing along with his music (the nurse said he was not sick enough if he could sing). He also did not respect the fact that other people needed to use the bathroom. He would knock and then keep banging the door. I told him to fudge off on Friday morning while I was using the bathroom. And almost broke his hand yesterday afternoon when he kept on shaking the door and I lost it on my way out of the bathroom.

The one part I hate about hospitals!!! 2 bed wards are cool, but 4 upwards is a huge pain.

The one part I hate about hospitals!!! 2 bed wards are cool, but 4 upwards is a huge pain.

had to share a ward where one gent was busy with his Pico Prep and I had 4 flute Enemas in me. At a point, I was in another ward using the bathroom there. And that was a dance that the nurses had to manage.

If you have a 4-bed ward at least have two toilets in the ward...

But it is better than Steve Biko Hospital where wards of 6 - 8 people have to share 4 toilets! And here we are talking about 4 wards, not people sharing a very limited number of toilets. So it is not weird for patients to soil the floors on their way to the bathroom or while waiting for a bathroom... That said if the toilet was not used as a storeroom

If someone here goes by D de Lange. We need to thank you. Your donation will be used to cover the cost for the genetic tests that we are still waiting the results for.

We can never say thanks enough for everyone that assisted us for the past few years. You restored our faith in humanity.

Thanks everyone for your help. And thanks for fighting this disease with me. We would not be able to do this on our own.

Edited by Cois

Momentum rejected the new treatment plan. So much for getting tests done to see what treatment will work. The Oncology team is working on a new treatment plan, just hope Momentum will pay for that!

So frustrating.

Stay strong and all the best

We received feedback from Momentum.

The reason they rejected the treatment plan, is because we are not on a high enough scheme plan to get the treatment.

The cost of the treatment is R241000 for 4 cycles of treatment.

So they said I must move up to a better scheme plan to get the treatment. Cost will be about R3000 per month extra.

So now we again have to wait for another treatment plan, and then hope that I would get approval for it.

With the current plan, I can basically get the same treatment as I received at Steve Biko. Or that is what it seems like.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Cois, trust you doing well!

Hi Sheldon

At this stage, I am not sure how things are going. Momentum is full of poo! So I am still waiting to hear back from them on what treatment they are willing to pay for.

Every day is still a struggle with my stomach problems. I have resorted to diapers as there are times where I do not make it to the bathroom in time. I am on the point of phoning the surgeon and asking for a stoma to be put back.

At the moment I can only take it day by day. It’s not easy, some days are a lot harder than others. I am not sure if I will survive this beast inside of me anymore...