Diagnosed with stage 4 cancer - the long winding road it has become

Cois

10 hours ago, *Reinet* Marais said:

Does anyone perhaps know of a live streaming service or anything along that line I can make use of to live stream the memorial service?  I'm not tech savvy, so need something easy to work with.  I was thinking about Facebook live (although I'm not sure how it works).  Anyone with suggestions perhaps?

My niece recently passed away from cancer. The church organised the whole thing through Facebook live. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am struggling quite a bit with the live streaming idea I had. Most of the people who could’ve assisted, are already on leave. 
My thoughts now, are to record the service on my camera and afterwards I can upload a video. For those to watch in their own time who are interested. Not sure if the platform would work for an hour video though. Otherwise I can upload the video somewhere on social media and post a link to it. 

I think most Hubbers would be more than happy just to “see/be at the service” as you say it’s December 

speaking for myself I would much rather see a recording of the service than miss a live feed

20 minutes ago, *Reinet* Marais said:

I am struggling quite a bit with the live streaming idea I had. Most of the people who could’ve assisted, are already on leave. 
My thoughts now, are to record the service on my camera and afterwards I can upload a video. For those to watch in their own time who are interested. Not sure if the platform would work for an hour video though. Otherwise I can upload the video somewhere on social media and post a link to it. 

Hi Reinet,

When is it? I'm sure amongst the community here someone from pretoria could be there (or talk you through it).

if the church has Wifi, then it is very easy to use facebook live or youtube live, it's as simple as logging on, setting a phone up on a stand and pushing the live button - the problem you sit with is the audio quality potentially being low grade. I've "been" to two youtube streamed funerals both done by the church on an unlisted link from their youtube page. it was a suprisingly rivetting experience.

Getting the correct link out to people is actually harder!

either way, asking for help is good. I'm sure someone will be able to sort it. 

ps. you have friends on leave already?!! this pretoria place sounds like fun!

37 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

Hi Reinet,

When is it? I'm sure amongst the community here someone from pretoria could be there (or talk you through it).

if the church has Wifi, then it is very easy to use facebook live or youtube live, it's as simple as logging on, setting a phone up on a stand and pushing the live button - the problem you sit with is the audio quality potentially being low grade. I've "been" to two youtube streamed funerals both done by the church on an unlisted link from their youtube page. it was a suprisingly rivetting experience.

Getting the correct link out to people is actually harder!

either way, asking for help is good. I'm sure someone will be able to sort it. 

ps. you have friends on leave already?!! this pretoria place sounds like fun!

I’ve tried it myself. Don’t think it’s that complicated but I wouldn’t be able to do the streaming thing myself. 

…. Sad smile …. Wouldn’t say fun. 

Okay Hubbers ... who is in the area, who can assist Reinet ?

This is a day her attention will be elsewhere ... 😪

Reinet gee net n oomblik kans, ek is SEKER die Hubbers gaan jou help.

1 hour ago, *Reinet* Marais said:

I’ve tried it myself. Don’t think it’s that complicated but I wouldn’t be able to do the streaming thing myself. 

…. Sad smile …. Wouldn’t say fun. 

Hi Reinet

please don’t feel an obligation to sit and record the service. You need to focus on you. Don’t worry about the rest of us unless someone else is able to do that for you. Nobody here will complain if you don’t spend the time recording. 

10 minutes ago, BigDL said:

Hi Reinet

please don’t feel an obligation to sit and record the service. You need to focus on you. Don’t worry about the rest of us unless someone else is able to do that for you. Nobody here will complain if you don’t spend the time recording. 

It’s not about obligation. There are people who would love to attend but are currently self isolating. It’s people who have helped us so much and would’ve wanted them there as well. 

2 minutes ago, *Reinet* Marais said:

It’s not about obligation. There are people who would love to attend but are currently self isolating. It’s people who have helped us so much and would’ve wanted them there as well. 

Makes sense. Please let us know if we can assist in any way. 

Reinet when and where is the memorial service ?

I am still hoping a Hubber in the area can assist you. 

As you said, not only for Hubbers, but aslo for the other people that have stood by you both the last couple of years.

5 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Reinet when and where is the memorial service ?

I am still hoping a Hubber in the area can assist you. 

As you said, not only for Hubbers, but aslo for the other people that have stood by you both the last couple of years.

Wednesday morning 10am in Centurion. 

Found some leads of people who might assist with live streaming. Just need to make some calls. 

Hi Reinet. I used Zoom for my mothers memorial service in September. I had to purchase the pro version for the day (1 month subscription) to allow for a meeting longer than 30 min. That also allowed the service to be recorded, downloadable using a link afterwards. It is a bit of admin though, but worked quite well.

I used my own cellphone plugged into a charger to host and record the “zoom meeting” and mounted on a tripod. The complete meeting used about 300mb of mobile data. I distributed the meeting link a few hours before the service to the relevant whatsapp groups/platforms.

You are welcome to pm me for more details on the meeting settings etc. I would have liked to assist in person, but we are on route to George on Wednesday.

Edited by W@nted