Diagnosed with stage 4 cancer - the long winding road it has become

Cois

Not sure if it was posted in this thread or elsewhere but I saw a video about 'eating to starve cancer' in which Avastin was mentioned. It seemed promising.

Anyway, keep holding on and fighting Cois!

Hope the 3 treatments helped a bit.

Medical aid did want to pay for 4 treatments. So waiting for my Pecaset pills.

My kidneys are protesting against something today. But might be the elevated blood pressure.

Update, just got approved for another round of Avastin. So sitting with an IV in my arm

23914826cb7d341931e72aab5c0c2604.jpg

Edited by Cois

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Might be some good news...  My body is not responding as it should to the chemo treatment.  I will be seeing a surgeon Friday afternoon at Kloof Hospital for removal of the tumor, removal of my spleen, and an attempt to remove the spot from my liver.  If they can't remove the spot, they will microwave it.

So I am feeling positive about the whole idea, seeing that cancer is putting up a fight and not letting go.  

One part of me is nervous as heck, but the other part of me is just get this curse out of me.

Might be some good news...  My body is not responding as it should to the chemo treatment.  I will be seeing a surgeon Friday afternoon at Kloof Hospital for removal of the tumor, removal of my spleen, and an attempt to remove the spot from my liver.  If they can't remove the spot, they will microwave it.

So I am feeling positive about the whole idea, seeing that cancer is putting up a fight and not letting go.  

One part of me is nervous as heck, but the other part of me is just get this curse out of me.

Good Luck Cois

I am hoping this treatment does the job!

All the best for the rest of your recovery.

Give it the full 1000W!

Give it the full 1000W!

Did a bit of reading on it... they cook the tumor! Bloody genius if you ask me.

Want to see how it is done, but will watch the clip when my wife is not home.

(Microwave Ablation)

Edited by Cois

Hope all goes well.  We have had only good experiences with Kloof hospital.

All the best. Colon cancer is of the very few cancer types that resecting metastases can end up being curative. Holding thumbs.

Holding out hope that all goes well

Feeling very very down. Dr saw me for a few minutes (maybe 5). Did a quick examination, but had to attend to a patient that was bleeding in ICU.

So he will give me a call after reviewing my file and reference letters.

He did inform me that if the cancer spread to my Peritoneal “it might no be worth operating”

So I am a bag of mixed emotions at the moment. Not sure what to think and do and holding back the tears at this moment is a mission.

And the wait to early November is going to be a killer.

Cois hoe gaan dit ?

Friend's mom was hospitalized over the weekend.  Diagnosed on Monday, advanced lung cancer ... beyond treatment.   :eek:  

PS - absolutely brilliant service form the ER staff at Cape Gate Medi-Clinic !!!  To the other patients that complained about "slow service" ... Half the ER staff spent more than 4 hours just to stabilize this old lady before she could be transported to Tygerberg.  The one Dr's shift ended at 22:00, he did not leave until 1:00 the next morning, spending all his time with this lady.  At 4:00 on Sunday morning it took us 10 minutes to book her in at Tygerberg, and she got proper ICU care immediately !!!  Hats off to our medical staff in the public and private sector  :thumbup:   :clap:

Feeling very very down. Dr saw me for a few minutes (maybe 5). Did a quick examination, but had to attend to a patient that was bleeding in ICU.

So he will give me a call after reviewing my file and reference letters.

He did inform me that if the cancer spread to my Peritoneal “it might no be worth operating”

So I am a bag of mixed emotions at the moment. Not sure what to think and do and holding back the tears at this moment is a mission.

And the wait to early November is going to be a killer.

Thinking of you Cois.  Wishing you strength.