Diagnosed with stage 4 cancer - the long winding road it has become

Cois

How's it going, Cois?

Just got back from the oncologist as a matter of fact (I told no one that I was going btw)

It is a tears for joy situation today.

I do not have to go back on chemo!

I have not slept much for the past week or so. I was nervous and broke down in the office of my boss yesterday. And cried for about half an hour at the office this morning before the appointment.

But the doctor said he sees no point in making me sick with chemo as all my results are very VERY good.

So all in all, it is going very good. I have too see the surgeon in two months and the oncologist in three months.

And thanks for checking up everyone. It means a lot to me and Reinet (my wife)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from the oncologist as a matter of fact (I told no one that I was going btw)

I have not slept much for the past week or so. I was nervous and broke down in the office of my boss yesterday. And cried for about half an hour at the office this morning before the appointment.

But the doctor said he sees no point in making me sick with chemo as all my results are very VERY good.

So all in all, it is going very good. I have too see the surgeon in two months and the oncologist in three months.

Really good to hear and very happy for you Cois!

Honestly I dont know how you and your wife have been so strong. To have that amount of mental stress for so long can wear anyone down.

You are doing so well, showing that you are a strong fighter and a true champion!

I haven't been on the hub much since March but have thought about you often Cois. So glad to see these updates. Great news!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Cois

I have been following this thread for some time now, and do not comment often on it. The positive outlook if flipping awesome and I am honestly so very happy for you and your wife/loved ones.

Keep fighting the good fight!

Brilliant news! Even though I'm reading it pretty late.

Hi Cois

I have been following this thread for some time now, and do not comment often on it. The positive outlook if flipping awesome and I am honestly so very happy for you and your wife/loved ones.

great news....

Hi Cois

The biggest enemy we all have is inside of us! That enemy is negativity.

I still have lots to do and lots to see. I have not reached my dreams yet! It is like doing the Argus. Even though I only made it before my cutoff I made it, and enjoyed most of it, but I never gave up. There were some times where I had to walk and places where I had to wait for a few rocks to fall from Chapman’s.

We can be down some days, but even when having death leaning at my bedroom door every day, we have to make a choice to beat death, and not to take the bony hand and follow him to the end.

The biggest enemy we all have is inside of us! That enemy is negativity.

I still have lots to do and lots to see. I have not reached my dreams yet! It is like doing the Argus. Even though I only made it before my cutoff I made it, and enjoyed most of it, but I never gave up. There were some times where I had to walk and places where I had to wait for a few rocks to fall from Chapman’s.

We can be down some days, but even when having death leaning at my bedroom door every day, we have to make a choice to beat death, and not to take the bony hand and follow him to the end.

Damned while reading this someone must have left the window open and a spec of dust flew into my eye/s