Diagnosed with stage 4 cancer - the long winding road it has become

Cois

7 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Have you figured out how to transport the scooter between home and work ?

Did the suppliers have suggestions for this ?

The scooter breaks up into 5 parts with the heaviest part being 14kg’s. So it is light enough for me to load into the car. 
We went with the lightest model for the reason that I would be able to break it up and load it into the car. I Will post a photo of the scooter in parts when I am discharged

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Spinnekop said:

You'd probably have to go with sensors as GPS wont work in most buildings / malls and might throw out the kilos.
Maybe track in time?

The BMS on the scooter should work well. So I should be able to get an idea of how long it will last with the BMS, but I am a stats and number man. But sure I will be able to make a plan between the Wahoo sensors and the Bryton meter. Should be easy enough to figure a system out that might work.

But for now, the focus is on getting a bed and getting the care that I need

36 minutes ago, Cois said:

The BMS on the scooter should work well. So I should be able to get an idea of how long it will last with the BMS, but I am a stats and number man. But sure I will be able to make a plan between the Wahoo sensors and the Bryton meter. Should be easy enough to figure a system out that might work.

But for now, the focus is on getting a bed and getting the care that I need

That's the spirit Cois  ????

Now for carbon wheels, ceramic bearings AND 2bless conversion. A lift-kit perhaps for those rocky sections ????

Stay strong mate. You CAN nail this thing !

6 minutes ago, Mook said:

That's the spirit Cois  ????

Now for carbon wheels, ceramic bearings AND 2bless conversion. A lift-kit perhaps for those rocky sections ????

Stay strong mate. You CAN nail this thing !

A "true flame" spray job ....

Jip, been watching re.runs of Overhualin

3 hours ago, Muttley said:

So happy to hear that it seems like you've found a great doctor and your scooter.

I reckon you need to add a dropper post too for the twisty bits ????

You've got this!

The scooter has a shock absorber in the post of the seat. Almost like that failed Rock Shock units, but this one works and dampers a lot of the shock. So it has a bit of travel helping to smooth the ride out a bit.

the one Scooter that they gave a demo on had shocks (more like the old coils on cheap bikes, at the wheels. Problem with the shocks on the wheels are that my very heavy 55kg weight is too light to get any shock absorption. You need to be at least 80kg’s to get any benefit from the shocks. In the unit I have you could feel the shock working even at my weight. So was one of the reasons why I got the smaller lighter unit.

Edited by Cois

12 hours ago, Cois said:

Will be the worst Strava Stats ever. The Scooter has a max speed of 6km/h.

so it is a little slow, but it sure is a lot faster than the speed I am walking at the moment.

I suggested more to keep track of mileage done on a ride.
Using your phone it would track via GPS. It could even be used to log total mileage if there is maintenance linked to distance or hours.

12 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Does it have rigid tires, or can you adjust air pressure for a smoother ride ?

Rigid. The reason being that if you get a flat, it will not happen at home but where you do not have tools. The cheaper scooters have air tires (cheap imports), the more expensive units will have rigid tires..

Just saw the surgeon.

I can’t get operated on. The spread of the cancer is to severe so van Zijl at the Oncologist that waited to see what the cancer will do, killed me. He let it progress too far and did not refer me to someone who is capable of helping me, and now nothing can be done to remove the tumours between my intestines. 

I will consult with the dieticians to get another plan to get food into my system.

If that does not work, they can give me a port to do internal feeding myself at home. 

So all we can do now is pray for another treatment that can kill the cancer inside of me. Or at least get a doctor that is worth being called a doctor that is not a murdering idiot that does not care about the wellbeing of his patient.

Cois, you've been let down in a massive way by the medical fraternity- I'm so sorry that it's come to this ????

Wishing you all the strength that you need to keep pushing on.

We're all still rooting for you and will carry on doing so!

Edited by Muttley