Rider Down on Suikerbossie

FootballingCyclist

Hope the rider recover's soon and completely.

I did refrain from commenting as I don't think this is the place to point out the consequences of red light jumping (intentionally or unintentionally)

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did refrain from commenting as I don't think this is the place to point out the consequences of red light jumping (intentionally or unintentionally)

You did refrain from commenting - Ok - if you say so!

It’s to late now.....

Way back when my old man was giving me driving lessons he always emphasised one valuable point:

ANTICIPATE

Think about it

Good luck to the rider involved

Having been involved in a similar incident, I know what Philip is going through. Wish him and his family the best in life and a full, complete recovery, doesn't not matter how prompt it may be as long as he recovers from this terrible incident. I wish his circle of affection strength , both party will need in the weeks to come. Don't ever give up!

Daniele Cafiso

This is a terribly incident but When you drive your car you look ahead and anticipate potential hazards. As a cyclist you should be doing this even more vigilantly. If anything I hope this makes people reflect on how they ride their bikes

It’s to late now.....

Way back when my old man was giving me driving lessons he always emphasised one valuable point:

ANTICIPATE

Think about it

This.

Best advise you can give ANY cyclist.

Went passed the spot today, even on a coffee ride talking nonsense we were doing 52km/h at that point. Would be a spot of bother if the lights had changed as we approached. 

Hope Philip pulls through today.

Not good

Keep family in your thoughts

Thx, here's hoping he pulls through. 

Aside: Is Phillip the manager at Kirstenbosch who built all the lovely mtb tracks there?

yes Philip is the guy from Kirstenbosch, not sure if that was answered.  As to Philip's wellbeing, it isn't looking good and machines are currently supporting him - He is in an induced coma and the bleeding on the brain has made yesterdays planned op untenable  - His family are there.  Spare a thought for them all

yes Philip is the guy from Kirstenbosch, not sure if that was answered. As to Philip's wellbeing, it isn't looking good and machines are currently supporting him - He is in an induced coma and the bleeding on the brain has made yesterdays planned op untenable - His family are there. Spare a thought for them all

Thanks for the update. My best wishes are with them

Edited by DieselnDust

yes Philip is the guy from Kirstenbosch, not sure if that was answered.  As to Philip's wellbeing, it isn't looking good and machines are currently supporting him - He is in an induced coma and the bleeding on the brain has made yesterdays planned op untenable  - His family are there.  Spare a thought for them all

Aaah, so sorry to hear. 

I am saddened to hear this and am hoping for the best for Philip.

Mod note:

We've had a suggestion to split out the road rules & safety aspects of this thread to a separate discussion. While relevant to the incident, let's respect Philip and those wanting to follow his progress by keeping this thread for that purpose.

If anyone has a good suggestion on a title for the new Topic please PM me. We'll move relevant posts on to the new thread.

Thanks

--

Edit
New thread created here: https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/179682-suikerbossie-traffic-lights-general-road-safety/

Edited by Admin