For the aviation fans

Lotus

In 2010 there was a sort of midair in Wonderboom. Two small aircraft collided over the runway

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If thats true very sad.I presume the occupants are deceased?

I still find it strange that there is nothing about it on the news.

Yeah, all deceased. :-(

If thats true very sad.I presume the occupants are deceased?

I still find it strange that there is nothing about it on the news.

they still trying to find the race angle

Lots of accidents don't make it to the news, I prefer it that way, with how bad reporting and speculation gets. Also avoid Avcom like the plague with accidents... they great at notifying when one has happened, but the armchair pilots and even worse aeroplane pilots are really really bad at coming up with nonsense hypothesis especially with helicopter accidents.

Mango grounded. Owe ACSA money. ACSA won't allow any passenger flights to take off. They have been told to ferry all aircraft grounded at their airports to JNB and have them towed off ACSA grounds. The ones that were at JNB have already been towed here to Technical and parked. Plenty PAX stranded.

Lots of accidents don't make it to the news, I prefer it that way, with how bad reporting and speculation gets. Also avoid Avcom like the plague with accidents... they great at notifying when one has happened, but the armchair pilots and even worse aeroplane pilots are really really bad at coming up with nonsense hypothesis especially with helicopter accidents.

Not picking an argument BUT :whistling: 

Planes fly into the ground and mountains "a lot" agreed,  its not often they fly into one another and you would think it would make the headlines...in joburg at least  

As for Avcom, its an online forum, just like le bikehub  :whistling:  :whistling:

There are some folks on there who have a lot of knowledge and experience and post regularly, to mention one " jim davis " 

Planes fly into the ground and mountains "a lot" agreed,  its not often they fly into one another and you would think it would make the headlines...in joburg at least  

This story does surprise me that it didn't make it to the news more quickly

There are some folks on there who have a lot of knowledge and experience and post regularly, to mention one " jim davis " 

He is one of the worst when it comes to speculating on helicopter accidents as all his experience is plank based.

Mango grounded. Owe ACSA money. ACSA won't allow any passenger flights to take off. They have been told to ferry all aircraft grounded at their airports to JNB and have them towed off ACSA grounds. The ones that were at JNB have already been towed here to Technical and parked. Plenty PAX stranded.

Ai this is getting worse by the minute but since Mango is a SAA subsidiary how long was anyone seriously expecting Mango to remain flying?

I'd hate to be flying now. So few options available. Pricing must be through the roof for tickets to anywhere. And then to discover after you've bought and paid that your airline of choice is grounded must suck heaps. 

"Plank based"?

Calling someone a plank back in the day was not a compliment, but this must be some other reference.

Anyway lots on 'manne' on Avcom.

Flying planks rather then fling wing.... aeroplane vs helicopter

Flying planks rather then fling wing.... aeroplane vs helicopter

This ^^^^^

From your name I take it you are aligned with those machines that stay airborne because they are so ugly that even the earth rejects them .......