Does doping exist in SA?

If I google J Wakefield it comes up with a brewery.... 

You/he sounds very important and highly respected. Is that a real name? Pro team coach, local coach, different sport, athlete? I'd love to know.

(I always imagined people on the hub were all 'average athletes' sitting 12 hour desk jobs just being bored, maybe I'm just the lucky one ;) ....)

When I googled Cblake I got a picture of a average athlete sitting at a desk for 12hrs bored in front of a keyboard.

Anyway, pleased to meet you.

But being serious here, only thing I am important to is my Bullterrier and that is dependent on his mood.

Edited by J Wakefield

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In a life filled with many experiences, I tend to think that if it seems like it, it probably is. So in cycling I kind of reckon that it's just a matter of time before they all get caught, either during or after their careers.

I'm not as vehement as swint&aero, but too many 'good people' have been caught doing silly things after blatantly lying about it for years... good people. pffft

As for the pedestal, I don't think good sportsers are particularly good role models at all. Their view on life is skewed. A better role model is a guy who works hard, is successful and lives a balanced life while staying positive. A guy who has put himself through varsity and bought a house and has a wonderful loving family and stability. Both older, with the ability to retrospect and have actual 'life' experience.

An athlete usually retires by 35ish and lets be honest, that is still a child in the game of life especially when most (not all) have limited education or experience anyone can relate to, so hanging on their words and deeds is pretty lost.

In my mind, if people want someone to look up to it should be those who actually make a difference to fellow man, not those who can sports well or act well or kick a ball well.

Why anyone looks up to someone because they can chuck a spear far, run fast, or ride a bicycle while on drugs, is beyond my comprehension. You only have to look at just about any interview with a sports star to see why: 'Um ja and ah yes and then um ja, and ja.'

Gee really, I was expecting some fabulous insight!

Personally, after all the water under the bridge, I can't take any athlete at their word that they are clean. But at the same time, I don't really care, because these okes are just normal people like anyone else, good at some things and kek at others.

On the topic of doping, I hope SAIDS starts to shine a light on all these miracle drip treatments

Now that sounds intriguing DD what more have you got for us?

It’s to late now..... to cover your tracks

The Colonel knows where to find you

Quite the about turn there from The Colonel of the old days. I still remember the day when he closed his account after almost the entire hub absolutely slated him for saying Lance doped.

You were right then, hope you're right now.

I still remember the day when he closed his account after almost the entire hub absolutely slated him for saying Lance doped.

Michelle and Justin....

On the topic of doping, I hope SAIDS starts to shine a light on all these miracle drip treatments

They not illegal - no needle policy yes but they are legal and if you stupid enough to think that will make any difference to anything you do performance wise then you deserve to lose your money when you pay.

Quite the about turn there from The Colonel of the old days. I still remember the day when he closed his account after almost the entire hub absolutely slated him for saying Lance doped.

No real turn around, just stated a fact then which people couldnt handle and I didn't log on cause it was pointless trying to get facts across that weren't happening. So from that I was out and got rid of the account.

Had to create this account due to content we were asked to provide for the forum and site. 

Here we are. 

Can you share some more info? I must have missed this. 

They not illegal - no needle policy yes but they are legal and if you stupid enough to think that will make any difference to anything you do performance wise then you deserve to lose your money when you pay.

For sure, we discussed this briefly on WhatsApp. I recall you used the words "ass"

and "hosepipe"  :D 

Just find it disconcerting that there are experienced and/or medically qualified people punting this and seemingly without any real guidance, qualified use or requiring the input from someone's GP. Ethically questionable. 

Jarad van Zuydam has given it some good critique. 

Hehe ja those were the days and yes the Colonel sure won that argument.

It was serious but not that serious ????

Man I just realized I am doping. Sick of the palsy so can only ride on the trainer. Taking tramadol for the pain and riding on Zwift. I hope the Watopia doping agency don’t catch me.

Edited by Knersboy

Is OP in a state of shock or what ???

sold his bike and all his kit, lest he be painted with the all cyclists dope brush...

taking up lawn bowls in stead...

Man I just realized I am doping. Sick of the palsy so can only ride on the trainer. Taking tramadol for the pain and riding on Zwift. I hope the Watopia doping agency don’t catch me.

Tramadol only banned IN competition.

Seeing that Zwift does not even come close to racing, you should be fine...... :ph34r: